Workshop with Artist – Alvaro Castagnet – Queensland Tennis Centre – 2 Workshops – BOOK HERE for – 9th October 2022
October 9 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm AEST$220.00
Choose your Day – 9 October 2022
‘Watercolor Masterclass’ – Understanding the 4 Pillars
By Alvaro Castagnet
This workshop is an intense day of inspiration, hard work and productive learning.
Capture the magic of watercolours in this painting workshop with Alvaro Castagnet. This is an opportunity to have fun learning from an energetic and colourful master of expressive watercolor.
- Alvaro begins with philosophical introduction, thorough explanation of materials to use, and then follows by a demonstration.
- The demo will focus on bold composition with understanding of the 4 Pillars.
- You will learn how to make quick decisions and simplify your subject to achieve the most impact. We will discuss Color relationships, tonal range, forms, shapes and edges.
- Participants will then paint until we break for lunch
- Alvaro will assist with answering questions and giving advice.
- Participants are asked to start a second painting for the afternoon session, after Alvaro’s 2nd. Demonstration.
You can choose to attend both days or only the one day –
Saturday 8th October and/or Sunday 9th October
they are ticketed separately to enable you to choose the amount of time you have to Workshop comfortably with Alvaro!
On this second day, Sunday – Alvaro will demonstrate twice explaining every aspect of what makes a successful watercolour, similar to the 1st Day – above.
If you wish, Participants will have the opportunity to show the work they have produced to receive a final advise/critique.
Each day – Participants will obtain a clear understanding of the strength and weakness of the medium.
Materials to Bring:
- French Ultramarine Blue
- Cobalt Blue
- Organic Vermillion
- Alizarin Crimson
- Burnt Sienna Light
- Hansa Yellow Deep
- Yellow Ochre
- Pyrrol Red
- Neutral Tint
- Lavender (DS or Holbein )
- Alvaro’s Caliente Grey (DS)* D Alvaro’s Fresco Grey (DS)** Daniel Smith
- Titanium White (Daniel Smith) D
- Jaune Brilliant #1 (Holbein)
- Pyrrol Orange (Daniel Smith)
- Cobalt Teal Blue or Green Turquoise Light
- Please bring the best you can afford. Alvaro will try to bring some to the workshop.
- Preferable, round big, MOP shape and pointed brushes sable or squirrel (not synthetic!)
- (Suggested: Alvaro’s Signature Brushes made of Premier Squirrel hair, soft and very absorbent, with long handles. # 10, 6, 4, 2, 0, 00, 000, 5/00 and 10/00) Flat 2″
- 1 rigger or needle point for fine details and lines (like Alvaro’s #8, #10, #6 or #4)
- mall synthetic brushes# 4, 5, 6 (for fine detail work) or 8,10 & 12 (Alvaro’s Escoda Set)
- For workshops, it is best to use from 1/4 to 1/2 sheet size, but of course, you can paint, in any size you feel comfortable. Alvaro will mostly demonstrate in 1/2 sheets.
- Baohong, Arches, Saunders Waterford or alike, 300 grams Rough Texture, off white
- Paper sizes Alvaro uses: 1/2 Sheets = 56x38cms. 1/4 Sheets = 38x28cms. Panoramic= 56xl 9cms
- Sponges, towel, tissues, water container, masking tape, 2b-6b pencil, charcoal sticks, water spray bottle, hair dryer,
- Painting board – corflute fine – cut to ½ sheet size with a small margin.
- And lots of good sense of humor! www.facebook.com/AlvaroCgstagnet
- During the workshop Alvaro will work on The Masters” Choice by Baohong Watercolourpaper, 300 Grams, Rough Surface.
Jenny Loveday | 0419 760 993 | eMail : firstname.lastname@example.org | OR |
Wyn Vogel | 0419 358 859 | eMail : email@example.com
- Refunds notified to one of the Contacts above – up to 24 hours prior to the Workshops will be considered for a full refund, if they are a proven case of Covid or other illness, or genuine emergency.
- Notifications to the Contacts above within the 24 hours lead time to the Workshop – will be considered for a refund of 50% of the Ticket price.
- No Refund will be issued to a Participant who doesn’t turn up on the day and has not advised the above Contacts.