Where Rivers Run @ Eckersley’s Gold Coast Labrador – Watercolour, Ink and Gouache – Wednesday 27th October 2021
October 27 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm AEST$77.00
For this Workshop we will explore with Watercolour – the softness of the distant trees the edges of the bark and run of the river!
Where Rivers Run – Babinda Boulders – Nth Qld!
Materials to Bring:
- 1 full sheet of watercolour paper – cold press 300gsm or a pad of paper of similar weight – at lease A3 in size
- Paint Colours – Ultramarine Blue – Phthalo Blue – Raw Sienna – Quinacridone Gold or Australian Red Gold – Alizarin Crimson and Cadmium Yellow or similar colours
- White Gouache
- Black and Sepia Waterproof Pigment Inks
- A nib pen to work your ink onto the paper
- Winsor & Newton Granulation Liquid
Brushes – at least those below –
but please bring whatever you have in your kit:
- 1 x wide wash brush – for wet work, and
- 1 x wide wash brush – Goat Hair recommended – for dry work
- 1 x calligraphy brush for detailed line work and layering of your colours
- 1 x old kitchen spray bottle – washed out and ready to have clean water to spray across your paints – I recommend an old ‘Windex’ Bottle of similar to give you a good spray of water.
- a 2B pencil and if you would like a rubber
- Hair dryer to dry your work between layers
- Backing board (core board or similar from Bunnings) and tape to manage your paper – we don’t use an easel we tape the paper to the backing board so we can move the paper and tilt or turn as needed to manage your paint and water.
Paper towel to wipe up your spills – BYO your own lunch – BYO a Mug – tea and coffee are supplied!