- This event has passed.
What Does The World Look Like Covered in Paint – join Artist – Wyn Vogel on the Gold Coast – For a magic afternoon – 5th March 21
March 5 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm AEST$66.00
Join Artist – Wyn Vogel on the Gold Coast – For a magic afternoon – 5th March 21
What to Expect
- Discover what the World in Watercolour paints might look like – travel with Artist Wyn Vogel as she reveals some secrets and styles to capture local and international landscapes inspired by your own travels in Watercolour.
Although Wyn focuses on her Watercolour style, the techniques she teaches can be transferred to other mediums and genre of Art – so come and discover, beginners welcome!
Aussie Artist Wyn Vogel – is the Curator of the Australian Watercolour Muster which is now entering it’s 3rd year of events, despite the crazy year we have experienced. Wyn is also the Australian Country Leader to FabrianoInAcquarello – Italy a Watercolour Network that has met regularly for over 10 years and is designed to share and grow our international networks, to learn and understand the variety of techniques that are applied to Watercolour across the World.
For this Workshop we will focus on landscapes from the ‘Hinterland of the Gold Coast’ – but down the track your will be welcome to bring your photos and learn how to translate these into stunning artwork in your own style – these Workshops are planned to be held monthly – world health permitting*
Recommended Materials to Bring – Paper, Paints & General Tools
If you are new to art and only want to experiment during these introductory Workshops – Please head across to Deb and her Staff @ Labrador Eckersley’s Arts and Craft and talk with them about the best brands and materials similar to the ones below!!
- 1 Full Sheet of 300gsm cold or hot pressed Watercolour Paper or Buy a 300gsm PAD and use the rest of the pages at home later to experiment!
- Watercolour paints – preferably tube – Winsor and Newton – Reeves – Art Spectrum | at least – 3 primary colours of Cadmium Red, Ultramarine Blue and Cadmium Yellow
- 1 x 2B or HB Pencil
++ a rubber if you need, but we do recommend you just make your artist marks and not worry about removing them 🌞
- Paper Towel and Tissues – to mop your water as needed
- 1 x calligraphy style brush – this is a long thin brush that will give you a good line – and holds a lot of water and colour in the top of the brush but allows the medium to run down the point onto the paper with a variety of line widths.
- 2 x wide soft wash brush ** the purpose of these brushes – is to create a flow of colour across the paper with the water – we recommend 2″ (inch) as this has lovely width of soft hairs that allow the water and colour to flow across the paper.
*Please note that should Covid-19 create a need to cancel or defer the Workshop for any reason we will reimburse you the cost of your Workshop – however if you choose to cancel your ticket for other reasons:
- We will refund you up to 7 days prior to the Workshop.
- Cancellations in or after the 7 day period will not be reimbursed.