- This event has passed.
Wet on Wet – Botanical and Birds – Eckersley’s Gold Coast 20th July 2022 – 10am to 2.30pm
July 20 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm AEST$77.00
Print this voucher to receive a discount on your Art Materials for the day 🌞
Discover the techniques of Wet-on-Wet
This is a slightly advanced class for those Artists wanting to explore new finishes and techniques for their artwork – it is recommended that you have attended some of our Workshops previous to this or have some experience with watercolour painting…….for my regular students – a novelty ‘No Ink’ 🌞
Materials to Bring:
If you would like a new watercolour – colour to try – look at Winsor and Newton ‘Perylene Green‘ this is my colour for the month 🌞 but no pressure you can see it in use during this Workshop and decide if you fall in love with it – for me, it falls into the palette along with Indigo!!
- 1 full sheet of watercolour paper – cold press 300gsm OR
- A pad of paper of similar weight – at least A3 in size
- Paint Colours – please bring what you have but these are some of the colours we will play with – I tend to use 4 primary colours so you can choose from these:
- Ultramarine Blue – Green Shade
- Cadmium Yellow – Deep
- Phthalo Blue
- Raw Sienna
- Quinacridone Gold or Australian Red Gold
- Alizarin Crimson and/or Deep Cadmium Red – or similar colours
- Black Waterproof Pigment Ink – bottle
- A nib pen to work your ink onto the paper
Brushes – at least those below –
but please bring whatever you have in your kit:
- 1 x wide wash brush – for wet work, and
- 1 x wide wash brush – Goat Hair recommended – for dry work
- 1 x Squirrel Needle point or Chinese style calligraphy brush for detailed line work and layering of your colours
- 1 x old kitchen spray bottle – washed out and ready to have clean water to spray across your paints – I recommend an old ‘Windex’ Bottle of similar to give you a good spray of water.
- a 2B pencil and if you would like a rubber
- Hair dryer to dry your work between layers
- Backing board (core board or similar from Bunnings) and tape to manage your paper – we don’t use an easel we tape the paper to the backing board so we can move the paper and tilt or turn as needed to manage your paint and water.
Paper towel to wipe up your spills – BYO Lunch – tea and coffee – will be available on the mezzanine – BYO mug!