- This event has passed.
Watercolour Pencil, Pen and Charcoal Sketching – the Human Figure in Your Art
July 31, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm AEST$55.00
Have you ever wondered how best to get the proportions of your figures correct – either as full life drawings or abstract images adding interest to your artwork!
This is not a life drawing class – rather an opportunity to discover the basics of the human form and how to translate these onto paper.
We are also introducing the gorgeous range of ‘Lyra’ Watercolour Pencils or the use of charcoal as a drawing medium.
This Workshop will run as a series designed to build your sketching skill and inspire you to broaden out to other painting mediums as you become confident in your own style of drawing!
Being a Friday night – you are welcome to BYO a glass of wine with you or buy from BillyKart – on the Deck with us – we are socially distancing so only 6 spaces are available each evening!
Materials to Bring:
- Watercolour Pencils and brushes to create some wash and effect from the pencils
- Charcoal or black drawing pens – your choice of tool really
- 1 full sheet of 300gsm cold pressed watercolour paper – we will do 2 or 3 exercises from the paper
Specialist Art Materials are available online – and/or in the Studio at the beginning of the class – please come about 10 minutes early though to buy materials ready to start the class on time – thanks Wyn
Outcomes you can expect:
- You will have an understanding of the human body and proportions
- You will have experimented with a range of drawing tools and ideas to enable you to
- Create a figure standing and sitting – or whatever, inspires you 🌞
- You will be ready for another session hopefully – taking you closer to the artist you would love to be !!