- This event has passed.
Textures in the Landscape – Rivers and Rocks – in Fish Lane Studios – South Brisbane 6th October 2021
October 6, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm AEST$77.00
We’ve just come back from our Australian Watercolour Muster – 2021 in North Queensland and some of the Artists took time out to visit – The Boulders – Babinda and have lent us the images from this trip for inspiration – thanks to Des Lambert for his photography!
We will work from Des’s images to capture the textures of the rocks and flow of water across the landscape – this samples above and below are from our 1st Workshop which was held both down on the Gold Coast and in Maryborough earlier this year…….
However, there is no need to have been part of this first Workshop to enable you to enjoy this next one – book above and join us:
Fish Lane Studios – South Brisbane on Wednesday – 6th October 2021, 10am to 2.30pm
Materials to Bring:
- 1 full sheet of watercolour paper – cold press 300gsm or a pad of paper of similar weight – at lease A3 in size
- Paint Colours – Ultramarine Blue – Phthalo Blue – Raw Sienna – Quinacridone Gold or Australian Red Gold – Alizarin Crimson and Cadmium Yellow or similar colours
- Black Waterproof Ink
- A nib pen to work your ink onto the paper
Brushes – at least those below –
but please bring whatever you have in your kit:
- 1 x wide wash brush – for wet work, and
- 1 x wide wash brush – Goat Hair recommended – for dry work
- 1 x calligraphy brush for detailed line work and layering of your colours
- 1 x old kitchen spray bottle – washed out and ready to have clean water to spray across your paints – I recommend an old ‘Windex’ Bottle of similar to give you a good spray of water.
- a 2B pencil and if you would like a rubber
- Hair dryer to dry your work between layers
- Backing board (core board or similar from Bunnings) and tape to manage your paper – we don’t use an easel we tape the paper to the backing board so we can move the paper and tilt or turn as needed to manage your paint and water.
Paper towel to wipe up your spills – BYO your own lunch – tea and coffee are able to be purchased from BillyKart Restaurant beside us on the deck.
The Inspiration for Wednesday – Below
The Boulders – Babinda – North Queensland Australia
Photography – Artist Des Lambert – with thanks!