Start The Year Experimenting – with new substrates for your Watercolour – Eckersley’s Gold Coast Labrador – Wednesday 8th March 2023 – 10am to 2pm
March 8, 2023 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm AEST$77.00
Creative moments come from all sorts of directions – let’s start the year experimenting!
Different Substrates – Different Directions
Museum Series Aquabord is a textured, highly absorbent surface designed for watercolor and gouache. Aquabord is crafted from our premium warp-resistant 1/8″ FSC-certified Hardbord™ that is protected with our proprietary Archiva-Seal™ and coated with an acid-free clay and mineral ground with a texture similar to cold-pressed watercolor paper. Colors retain their purity and vibrancy in a way that even the finest of watercolour papers can’t match and Aquabord allows artists to frame and display their watercolour without glass.
Artist – Wyn Vogel – With The Man From Snowy River – Craigs Hut
Materials to Bring:
1 Acquabord – I prefer the medium size but your welcome to purchase the size to suit your budget – this is experimental so a smaller size is OK
- Some 300gsm Arches pad or sheet paper to try out ideas – again experimental so these can be scraps from other Work if you have them!
Watercolour Paint – Watercolour Pencil Colours – bring some of each as you can intermix and blend these on the Acquabord!
- Ultramarine Blue – Green Shade
- Cadmium Yellow – Deep
- Phthalo Blue
- Raw Sienna
- Quinacridone Gold or Australian Red Gold
- Alizarin Crimson and/or Deep Cadmium Red – or similar colours
- Black Waterproof Pigment Ink – bottle
- A nib pen to work your ink onto the paper
Brushes – at least those below –
but please bring whatever you have in your kit:
- 1 x wide wash brush – for wet work, and
- 1 x wide wash brush – Goat Hair recommended – for dry work
- 1 x Squirrel Needle point or Chinese style calligraphy brush for detailed line work and layering of your colours
- 1 x old kitchen spray bottle – washed out and ready to have clean water to spray across your paints – I recommend an old ‘Windex’ Bottle of similar to give you a good spray of water.
- a 2B pencil and if you would like a rubber
- Hair dryer to dry your work between layers
- Backing board to tape your sample papers down (core board or similar from Bunnings) and tape to manage your paper – we don’t use an easel we tape the paper to the backing board so we can move the paper and tilt or turn as needed to manage your paint and water.
Paper towel to wipe up your spills – BYO Lunch – tea and coffee – will be available on the mezzanine – BYO mug!
**refunds will be in full if we are notified 72 hours ahead of the Dates, we will withhold the card fee, but refund bookings notified within 24 hours of the Workshops – however, if there is a no-show on the day without notification, we will not refund the ticket at that time.