- This event has passed.
Sketching in a Private Garden – Modern Botanical Watercolour – then in Fish Lane Studios – Sth Brisbane – Saturday 23rd October 2021 – 10am to 2.30pm
October 23 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm AEST$135.00
For this Workshop we have been invited to Start our Day @10am
– Sketching in a Private Garden – Close to Brisbane CBD –
Then Back to Fish Lane Studios & BillyKart Restaurant For Lunch and and afternoon creating your own colour/composition!
- Please book your spot for this Workshop and we will send you the information re our initial painting spot – so we can meet there at 10am – to be able to sketch and enjoy this beautiful garden
- Then back to the Studio to have lunch ($25 voucher for use at BillyKart Restaurant – included in your Ticket)
For this Workshop Artist Wyn Vogel – will take you on a journey to explore the ‘Circadian Rhythms’ of our natural kingdom! We will explore the textures and beauty of a natural private garden – A very special Invitation to explore this beautiful place!! The address to rendezvous will be shared with you when you purchase your Ticket!
*** $25 Lunch Voucher to use at BillyKart Restaurant is included in your Ticket Price as well.
Materials to Bring:
- 1 full sheet of watercolour paper – cold press 300gsm or a pad of paper of similar weight – at lease A3 in size
- Paint Colours – Ultramarine Blue – Phthalo Blue – Raw Sienna – Quinacridone Gold or Australian Red Gold – Alizarin Crimson and Cadmium Yellow or similar colours
- Black Waterproof Ink
- A nib pen to work your ink onto the paper
Brushes – at least those below –
but please bring whatever you have in your kit:
- 1 x wide wash brush – for wet work, and
- 1 x wide wash brush – Goat Hair recommended – for dry work
- 1 x calligraphy brush for detailed line work and layering of your colours
- 1 x old kitchen spray bottle – washed out and ready to have clean water to spray across your paints – I recommend an old ‘Windex’ Bottle of similar to give you a good spray of water.
- a 2B pencil and if you would like a rubber
- Hair dryer to dry your work between layers
- Backing board (core board or similar from Bunnings) and tape to manage your paper – we don’t use an easel we tape the paper to the backing board so we can move the paper and tilt or turn as needed to manage your paint and water.
Paper towel to wipe up your spills – BYO your own lunch – tea and coffee are able to be purchased from BillyKart Restaurant beside us on the deck.