- This event has passed.
Saturday Watercolour – Fish Lane Studios – 3rd February 2024 – Shadows and Perspective Techniques to Explore
February 3 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm AEST$88.00
Shadows and Perspective Techniques to Explore
– Fish Lane Studios –
Studio 2/4 Edmondstone Street – South Brisbane Qld – 4101
9am to 12 Noon
A Fortnightly Workshop to get you inspired for your Weekends!
*** Remember we have a new Restaurant open on the deck with us – Bird’s Nest Yakitori Restaurant >>> https://www.birdsnest.co/locations-and-menus/west-end/ – Marie and her Team open at 12 noon on a Saturday so if you want to linger on and enjoy lunch – get a group of friends together – come and Workshop and then do lunch – this isn’t a ‘Picnic and Paint’ but you can still extend your day if you like!
Each Workshop will be loaded with the idea of exploring a specific technique – in this 1st Workshop we will explore the concepts of shadows and perspective – how to position your subjects and the colours of shadows – what are these and how to use them?
Workshops will be loaded separately so you can BOOK 1 or more as you have time to paint 🌞🎨 the current dates planned are:
- Saturday – 3rd February 2024 – Shadows and Perspective
- Saturday – 17th February 2024 – Modern Botanical – this is an ongoing exploration with Artist and Curator of Fish Lane Studios – Wyn Vogel – whose loose watercolour technique allows the imagery to flow off the paper!
- Saturday – 2nd March 2024 – Waterways – Sea and River – potentially a Guest Artist to be confirmed as part of this Workshop – watch this space!
*** Coffee can be bought from Cups on Melbourne – on the corner of Edmondstone and Melbourne Streets – you can purchase and bring coffee to the Studio with you to enjoy on your way in!
Materials to Bring:
- 1 sheet Arches 300gsm Watercolour Paper, OR
- Some 300gsm Arches pad A3
- And some smaller sheets of watercolour paper to try out ideas – again experimental so these can be scraps from other Work if you have them!
Watercolour Paint – Watercolour Pencil Colours –
but please bring whatever colours you have in your kit:
- Ultramarine Blue – Green Shade
- Cadmium Yellow – Deep
- Phthalo Blue
- Raw Sienna
- Quinacridone Gold or Australian Red Gold
- Alizarin Crimson and/or Deep Cadmium Red – or similar colours
- Black Waterproof Pigment Ink – bottle
- A nib pen to work your ink onto the paper
Brushes – at least those below –
but please bring whatever brushes you have in your kit:
- 1 x 1/2 inch Angle cutter would be useful
At Least 1 of each brush below – more will help you:
- 1 x wide wash brush – for wet work, and
- 1 x wide wash brush – soft Goat Hair recommended – for dry work
- 1 x Squirrel Needle point or Chinese style calligraphy brush for detailed line work and layering of your colours
- 1 x old kitchen spray bottle – washed out and ready to have clean water to spray across your paints – I recommend an old ‘Windex’ Bottle of similar to give you a good spray of water.
- a 2B pencil and if you would like a rubber
- Hair dryer to dry your work between layers
- Backing board to tape your sample papers down (core board or similar from Bunnings) and tape to manage your paper – we don’t use an easel we tape the paper to the backing board so we can move the paper and tilt or turn as needed to manage your paint and water.
** refunds will be in full if we are notified 72 hours ahead of the Dates,
** we will withhold the card fee, but refund bookings notified within 24 hours of the Workshops – however,
** if there is a no-show on the day without notification, we will not refund the ticket at that time.