- This event has passed.
Saturday 26 November 2022 – Christmas Picnic and Paint – Fish Lane Studios – South Brisbane – 10am to 2.30pm
November 26, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm AEST$132.00
Christmas Picnic and Paint!
– Modern Botanical – Fresh from the Brisbane Flower Markets –
We will celebrate a year of great painting and lots of fun – experimenting with colours and textures – papers and mediums – this will be the showcase Workshop
Saturday November 2022 – Fish Lane Studios
10am to 2.30pm – Picnic Lunch catered by BillyKart Restaurant
4 Edmondstone Street – South Brisbane – Qld 4101
Depending on what is in season – I will head out to the Brisbane Flower Markets early and bring fresh blooms back for inspiration – displayed flowers may not be the final story!
Materials for you to bring
- A 300gsm A3 Arches pad or 1 Sheet of Arches 300gsm Watercolour paper – if you want to be experimental bring some scraps of paper if you have them!
Watercolour Paint Colours
- French Ultramarine Blue
- Cadmium Yellow – Deep
- Phthalo Blue
- Raw Sienna
- Quinacridone Gold or Australian Red Gold
- Alizarin Crimson and/or Deep Cadmium Red – or similar colours
- Black Waterproof Pigment Ink – bottle
- A nib pen to work your ink onto the paper
Brushes – at least those below –
but please bring whatever you have in your kit:
- 1 x wide wash brush – for wet work, and
- 1 x wide wash brush – Goat Hair recommended – for dry work
- 1 x fine brush for small details on your flowers
- 1 x Squirrel Needle point or Chinese style calligraphy brush for detailed line work and layering of your colours
- 1 x old kitchen spray bottle – washed out and ready to have clean water to spray across your paints – I recommend an old ‘Windex’ Bottle of similar to give you a good spray of water.
- a 2B pencil and if you would like a rubber
- Hair dryer to dry your work between layers
- Backing board to tape your sample papers down (core board or similar from Bunnings) and tape to manage your paper – we don’t use an easel we tape the paper to the backing board so we can move the paper and tilt or turn as needed to manage your paint and water.
Paper towel to wipe up your spills
Leave a Reply