- This event has passed.
Rocks and Lichen – Picnic and Paint on the Fish Lane Studios Deck Brisbane – with Artist Wyn Vogel – 27 March 2021
March 27 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm AEST$132.00
Have you ever wandered the trails along our mountain walks and marveled at the amazing textures of our Lichen as they hang and dress the rocks along the way?
Join us for our March Picnic and Paint
on the Deck with Artist Wyn Vogel – 27 March 2021
to discover the techniques to capture these textures and shapes into your own painting!
Materials to Bring
- at least ……. 4 Primary colours – Cadmium Yellow Deep | Ultramarine Blue | Cadmium Red | Green Gold (this isn’t a primary colour but a good one for foliage etc …. ) ++ whatever else you have in your paint box – we will have Maimeri Blu Tubes and Boxes of Paints for sale on the day.
- 1 bottle of black water-based pigment ink – any brand and and a Nib Pen for final detail with your ink.
- 1 Full Sheet | 76 x 56cm | 300gsm Cold Pressed Watercolour Paper – any brand or if you prefer – buy an A4 or A3 300gsm Pad of Watercolour Paper any brand – but please make sure the paper weight is 300gsm or higher
- 1 Wide Brush >>> Please see the size here and you may buy here as well >>> Art Materials – ON-LINE Shop
- 1 NEEF 4400 – Squirrel Needle Point Brush >>> see link above to Art Materials +++ any other brushes you have in your kit
- pencil HB or softer for sketching if needed – rubber if you need – though we recommend you keep all your Artist’s Marks
NOTE | We do have paints, brushes and paper available to purchase here in the Fish Lane Studios – if you would like to drop in leading up to the Workshop or ring me and order the materials you need – I can bring these with me to save you time!
Buy | Maimeri Blu Paints and NEEF Brushes/Wash Brushes online as needed!
- Paper Towel and Tissues – to mop your water as needed
- A hair dryer
- 1 x backing board (core Board is good) and masking tape ………… to tape your paper onto the board so you can move it around while your painting – we don’t use easels ….. but having the paper taped onto a board makes life exciting allowing the watercolour to move on the paper!
Please do not book this Workshop if you have had recent colds ….or any symptoms that may indicate you have Covid 19.
- Note that should Covid-19 create a need to cancel or defer the Workshop for any reason we will reimburse you the cost of your Workshop – however if you choose to cancel your ticket for other reasons:
- We will refund you up to 7 days prior to the Workshop.
- Cancellations in or after the 7 day period will not be reimbursed.