Eckersley’s Gold Coast – 7th September 2022 – 10am to 2.30pm – Pony Tails and Skirts – On The Beach
September 7 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm AEST$77.00
Pony Tails and Skirts – On The Beach
Explore the techniques to capture the texture of the sand – the wash of the waves – bodies on the beach!
This Workshop will start at the beginning with these concepts so you are welcome to come and Workshop with us, even if you haven’t practices a lot of landscape painting! Check the ‘Materials to Bring Below’ – pack BYO Lunch and bring a mug – tea and coffee provided! – come a bit early to set up for a 10am start!
Inspired by Burleigh Heads
Materials to Bring:
- 1 full sheet of watercolour paper – cold press 300gsm OR
- A pad of paper of similar weight – at least A3 in size
- Paint Colours – please bring what you have but these are some of the colours we will play with – I tend to use 4 primary colours so you can choose from these:
- Ultramarine Blue – Green Shade
- Cadmium Yellow – Deep
- Phthalo Blue
- Raw Sienna
- Quinacridone Gold or Australian Red Gold
- Alizarin Crimson and/or Deep Cadmium Red – or similar colours
- Black Waterproof Pigment Ink – bottle
- A nib pen to work your ink onto the paper
Brushes – at least those below –
but please bring whatever you have in your kit:
- 1 x wide wash brush – for wet work, and
- 1 x wide wash brush – Goat Hair recommended – for dry work
- 1 x Squirrel Needle point or Chinese style calligraphy brush for detailed line work and layering of your colours
- 1 x old kitchen spray bottle – washed out and ready to have clean water to spray across your paints – I recommend an old ‘Windex’ Bottle of similar to give you a good spray of water.
- a 2B pencil and if you would like a rubber
- Hair dryer to dry your work between layers
- Backing board (core board or similar from Bunnings) and tape to manage your paper – we don’t use an easel we tape the paper to the backing board so we can move the paper and tilt or turn as needed to manage your paint and water.
Paper towel to wipe up your spills – BYO Lunch – tea and coffee – will be available on the mezzanine – BYO mug!