- This event has passed.
Join Us – Christmas 2020 Picnic and Paint – Town Square – Fish Lane Arts Precinct – Sth Brisbane 4101 – The Textures of Tree Ferns
December 5, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm AEST$132.00
Join our ‘Group of 6 – Fish Lane Studios Artists’ for our Christmas – 5th December 2020 – Picnic and Paint in the new
Fish Lane | Arts Precinct
10 Fish Lane – Sth Brisbane – 4101
10am to 2.30pm – Saturday 5th December 2020!
Your Ticket includes a – Picnic Lunch*
The exciting thing is this is the ‘Opening Weekend’ of our newest Town Square – in the Fish Lane | Arts Precinct and so our Picnic will be catered for by David and Cy – Southside Restaurant – part of the famous Rick Shores Restaurant – Burleigh family – in amongst the gorgeous seating area around their new Kiki Rotunda.
The flavours are pan-Asian noodle and dumpling dishes with a particular focus on South East Asian flavours and techniques, while some of the cult-favourite dishes from Rick Shores might be making their way to the big city! ** the restaurant has promised me definite – GF options. ++ some treats to finish!
Booking is essential – as numbers are limited to 20 for this 1st Event!
Paid street parking is available in Hope and Grey Street – South Brisbane or one of the Parking Stations / view Google Maps for
Inspiration we will share!
Australian Artist – Wyn Vogel, is the curator and lead Artist for Fish Lane Studios. Wyn has been the invited Leader – of the Australian Watercolour Delegation to FabrianoInAcquarello – Italy for the last 3 years and is recognised for her loose, vibrant watercolour style – your welcome to visit our – Fish Lane Studios Website for more insight into her Work .
Wyn is also the Curator, for the Australian Watercolour Muster which is now had a very successful 2nd year of Festival, even given Covid19 – with Artists viewed across the world from the Digital Gallery – as part of the interaction with the FabrianoInAcquarello – Italy network!
The new ‘Town Square’ in the Fish Lane | Arts Precinct – South Brisbane has been beautifully designed to include amazing tree ferns, birds nests and other tropical plants to bring another green space to our amazing city!
Wyn – will take the inspiration for this Workshop from this foliage ++ more
- Starting at 10am – we will break down the basics of what you will need to create a watercolour painting – skies – clouds – mountains – distant trees – close trees – textures inspired by the Tree Ferns in this beautiful garden space where we will be painting!
- 11 am – we will have plenty of paper for you to create your own version of these ‘vignettes’ and discover how watercolour paint reacts with the paper and the chemical reactions that give so much colour and joy as you mix them on the paper!
- 12 noon – Break for our Picnic Lunch and explore the ‘Town Square’ and other venues in the new Precinct! – Fish Lane is know for the large Public Art Spaces and you will have time to see these!
- 12.30 to 2.30pm – back to painting – with support from Wyn as she works with you to bring your paper and paint to life!
Materials to Bring:
- If you have Watercolour paints or inks please pack these into your bag, and
- Brushes – wide wash brushes and long rigger/squirrel calligraphy style brush
We Will Supply:
- Some Watercolour Paints and Inks – for you to try if you don’t have any, and
- Some brushes on loan for you to use – again if you are a beginner and would like to try things out 🌞
- Watercolour Paper and backing board to lean on
- Water containers
- Seating on the benches in the new – Town Square – Fish Lane | Arts Precinct – South Brisbane!
Book above to join us | Contact Wyn Vogel – +61 419358859 or via our Contact Form
‘The Trees Unfurl’
Daler-Rowney Watercolour – Pigment Inks – on 300gsm watercolour paper – Artist Wyn Vogel
Brushes/some tools used – to give you a feel for the type of brushes to bring 🌞!
** We may have some available for sale – or you can head to Oxlades South Brisbane Store – Merivale Street / or any good art shop – if you would like to buy ahead of time!