- This event has passed.
Painting Allegorical Stories – Eckersley’s Minyama Sunshine Coast – Saturday 17th June 2023 – 10am to 2pm
June 17, 2023 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm AEST$77.00
Sometimes you have a thought or emotion that you would like to explore and share with others, if you are a writer you would take pen to paper and write a book – but as an Artists you are able to pick up your brushes and create pictures to share.
This Workshop with Artist Wyn Vogel – will help you look at how to explore your ideas, and create an allegorical painting that will take people on a journey of their own, you don’t always have to express verbally your story – but let people explore you imagery and enjoy their own emotions!
The Work that is an example for this Workshop is an art piece that Wyn has created for an international exhibition and explores the concepts of ‘The Passage of Time’
Join Wyn at Eckersley’s Minyama Sunshine Coast Store – for a Saturday of discovery – don’t forget to bring a picnic lunch and a mug – tea and coffee are available to get you through the day 🌞
Materials to Bring:
1 sheet Arches 300gsm Watercolour Paper
- Or Some 300gsm Arches pad or sheet paper to try out ideas – again experimental so these can be scraps from other Work if you have them!
Watercolour Paint – Watercolour Pencil Colours –
- Ultramarine Blue – Green Shade
- Cadmium Yellow – Deep
- Phthalo Blue
- Raw Sienna
- Quinacridone Gold or Australian Red Gold
- Alizarin Crimson and/or Deep Cadmium Red – or similar colours
- Black Waterproof Pigment Ink – bottle
- A nib pen to work your ink onto the paper
Brushes – at least those below –
but please bring whatever you have in your kit:
- 1 x 1/2 inch Angle cutter would be useful for these Botanicals
- 1 x wide wash brush – for wet work, and
- 1 x wide wash brush – Goat Hair recommended – for dry work
- 1 x Squirrel Needle point or Chinese style calligraphy brush for detailed line work and layering of your colours
- 1 x old kitchen spray bottle – washed out and ready to have clean water to spray across your paints – I recommend an old ‘Windex’ Bottle of similar to give you a good spray of water.
- a 2B pencil and if you would like a rubber
- Hair dryer to dry your work between layers
- Backing board to tape your sample papers down (core board or similar from Bunnings) and tape to manage your paper – we don’t use an easel we tape the paper to the backing board so we can move the paper and tilt or turn as needed to manage your paint and water.
Paper towel to wipe up your spills – BYO Lunch – tea and coffee – will be available on the mezzanine – BYO mug!
**refunds will be in full if we are notified 72 hours ahead of the Dates, we will withhold the card fee, but refund bookings notified within 24 hours of the Workshops – however, if there is a no-show on the day without notification, we will not refund the ticket at that time.