Paint With Me in France – 3rd and 4th May 2019
May 3, 2019 @ 10:00 am - May 4, 2019 @ 5:00 pm AEST$246.00
Discover the beauty of country France – the textures of time
away from the hustle and bustle of Paris!
Workshop with Australian Artist – Wyn Vogel
In the gorgeous Atelier ‘Le Frigo’ – home to French Artist – Muriel Buthier-Chartrain!
Catch the clouds rising in the morning, see the sun set over your paper in the afternoon!
We start the Workshop exploring the colours of the rainbow with a bespoke colour wheel – so you can know how to create the transitions of ‘light’ on your papers.
We will take the cool colours and create the morning, the rising mists of the day and then a 2nd exercise after a ‘French’ lunch with the warmer colours to float the setting sun in the afternoon.
All you need to bring are:
- 3 primary colours – Cadmium Red – Ultramarine Blue (Green Shade) and Cadmium Yellow (pale) – watercolour paints brand of your choice, and
- 2 brushes a NEEF Squirrel Brush No 10 and a wide soft brush like the Art Spectrum 2 ½ Varnish Brush ( If you don’t have these brushes – book your brushes on-line and I will bring them with me for you – both NEEF and Art Spectrum are Australian Manufacturers of quality – good kit to have in your Tool-box!! )
- 1 nib pen and a bottle of waterproof – black ink
- Paper – 300gsm cold pressed – 2 full sheets 56 x 78 (Brand of your choice – Moulin du Roy | Arches | Fabriano.
Wyn says ……….We will be taking inspiration from the scenery around us in France – images that have taken my heart away ………. having explored from Châteauneuf-en-Thymerais, to Alençon and on to Saint-Céneri-le-Gérei across to Gaillon and up to Coquelles ……….. my heart is there in France.
Join us in Châteauneuf-en-Thymerais – France
3rd & 4th May 2019
to explore and experiment
Wyn returns to France on the 3rd and 4th May 2019 – to do 2 Days of Workshop this time, as feedback from her Participants in 2018 wanted longer time to work with her!
Book now to ensure a space – we can take 10 people – if there is more interest we will look at a 2nd Workshop during the following week – please let us know your preference – for a Weekend or Week Days arrangement?
Participants will need to book their own travel, accommodation – if you register your interest with us we can organise a list of motels and accommodation you might like to choose from.
A break for lunch each day – will allow you to explore the gorgeous town of Châteauneuf-en-Thymerais …… you can choose to browse and shop locally for a quick bite to eat or we will organise a table for lunch if you indicate you would like to have a meal at a local restaurant.
** Please Note: Our Workshop space – depending on numbers booked will be held either in the amazing Studios of French Artist – Muriel Buthier-Chartrain or if the numbers reach 10 we will book a local room to allow us more space ……. So please let us know as soon as possible of your intent to join in?
Thanks to artist and friend – Muriel Buthier-Chartrain for her ongoing help with translation and allowing us to visit her gorgeous home and Studio built in the early 1800’s – true French classics!! 🌞!!
View more re Australian Artist – Wyn Vogel –
- a recent Workshop held Noosa Heads – Queensland Australia
- Wyn’s Gallery of Current Works – available in France