No2. Watercolour Workshop – Eckersley’s Prahran Victoria – Work hands on with Australian Artist Wyn Vogel to ‘Discover the Story in your Landscapes’ – Saturday 29 January 2022 – 11am to 4pm
January 29 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm AEDT$135.00
A 2nd Workshop at Eckersley’s Art and Craft Prahran Victoria
Whatever the mood of the day – you can create this with your water, paint and some time to focus on the techniques – join us to explore this at the end of January 2022 – the:
Saturday 29th January – 11am to 4pm
@Eckersley’s Art and Craft – Prahran
120/124-126 Commercial Rd, Prahran VIC 3181
‘Where Curlews Call’ – Watercolours on Arches 300gsm – medium grain
Artist Wyn Vogel is the Curator of Fish Lane Studios and invited Leader to FabrianoInAcquarello – Italy since 2018.
Materials to Bring:
- 1 full sheet of watercolour paper – cold press 300gsm or a pad of paper of similar weight – at lease A3 in size
- Paint Colours – Ultramarine Blue – Phthalo Blue – Raw Sienna – Quinacridone Gold or Australian Red Gold – Alizarin Crimson and Quinacridone Magenta – Cadmium Yellow Deep or similar colours
- White Gouache
- Black Waterproof Pigment Ink
- A nib pen to work your ink onto the paper
Brushes – at least those below –
but please bring whatever you have in your kit:
- 1 x wide wash brush – for wet work, and
- 1 x wide wash brush – Goat Hair recommended – for dry work
- 1 x calligraphy brush for detailed line work and layering of your colours
- 1 x old kitchen spray bottle – washed out and ready to have clean water to spray across your paints – I recommend an old ‘Windex’ Bottle of similar to give you a good spray of water.
- a 2B pencil and if you would like a rubber
- Hair dryer to dry your work between layers
- Backing board (core board or similar from Bunnings) and tape to manage your paper – we don’t use an easel we tape the paper to the backing board so we can move the paper and tilt or turn as needed to manage your paint and water.
Paper towel to wipe up your spills – BYO your own lunch – BYO a Mug – tea and coffee are supplied!
Discover the story that compelled you to pick up your brushes and paint the scenery – capture the essence in abstract or real time, an image from your travels or a postcard – Wyn will share her secrets in creating light and mood – skies that lift and change – shadows on the ground – like the
‘Croft Cottage – Scotland’ after travels in 2019!
‘My Mountain Home’ – Watercolours on Arches 300gsm – medium grain
The Covid Policy for these Workshops is that you will be:
- Totally refunded your Ticket Price if there is a cancellation due to Covid
- If you can’t attend for any other reason a full refund will be available up to 7 days before the Workshop.
- If there is an emergency after that it will be to the discretion of Wyn and Eckersley’s as to the refund available.
- If there is no show on the day there is no refund available.