- This event has passed.
Moving to the Sky – Clouds and Smoke – @ Eckersley’s on the Gold Coast Labrador – Wednesday 13th October 2021
October 13 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm AEST$77.00
The Cairns Esplanade – Early Morning Walking!
Early morning with camera ready to capture this gorgeous wild foreshore – taking us out to sea off the Cairns Esplanade – I wandered and absorbed the light – the structure of the clouds and mist – so we will work to discover how to share this onto our paper with watercolour and inks!
Materials to Bring:
- 1 full sheet of watercolour paper – cold press 300gsm or a pad of paper of similar weight – at lease A3 in size
- Paint Colours – Ultramarine Blue – Phthalo Blue – Raw Sienna – Quinacridone Gold or Australian Red Gold – Alizarin Crimson and Cadmium Yellow or similar colours
- White Gouache
- Black and Sepia Waterproof Pigment Inks
- A nib pen to work your ink onto the paper
Brushes – at least those below –
but please bring whatever you have in your kit:
- 1 x wide wash brush – for wet work, and
- 1 x wide wash brush – Goat Hair recommended – for dry work
- 1 x calligraphy brush for detailed line work and layering of your colours
- 1 x old kitchen spray bottle – washed out and ready to have clean water to spray across your paints – I recommend an old ‘Windex’ Bottle of similar to give you a good spray of water.
- a 2B pencil and if you would like a rubber
- Hair dryer to dry your work between layers
- Backing board (core board or similar from Bunnings) and tape to manage your paper – we don’t use an easel we tape the paper to the backing board so we can move the paper and tilt or turn as needed to manage your paint and water.
Paper towel to wipe up your spills – BYO your own lunch – tea and coffee are provided