- This event has passed.
Modern Botanical – Pruning the Hydrangeas – Eckersley’s Gold Coast Labrador – Artist Wyn Vogel – 10am – 29th June 2022
June 29 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm AEST$77.00
Materials to Bring:
- 1 full sheet of watercolour paper – cold press 300gsm OR
- A pad of paper of similar weight – at least A3 in size
Paint Colours –
- Ultramarine Blue – Green Shade – Winsor & Newton
- Indigo – Winsor & Newton
- Cadmium Yellow – Deep – Winsor & Newton
- Phthalo Blue – Winsor & Newton
- Raw Sienna – Winsor & Newton
- Quinacridone Gold or Australian Red Gold – Winsor & Newton
- Alizarin Crimson – Daniel Smith, and/or
- Deep Cadmium Red – Winsor & Newton ………………. or similar colours
- Black Waterproof Pigment Ink – bottle Art Spectrum
- A nib pen to work your ink onto the paper
Brushes – at least those below – but please bring whatever you have in your kit:
- For this Workshop it will make life easy if you have an angle shaper – to create your petals – Suggest – Winsor & Newton Cotman Watercolour 667 Angle Brushes
- 1 x wide wash brush – Suggest – Art Spectrum 2” Soft Varnish Brush for wet work, and
- 1 x wide wash brush – Suggest –Goat Hair – Art Spectrum 3” Full Wash Germany – or
- 4” Art Spectrum Hake – Goat Hair please – for dry work
- 1 x Squirrel Needle point – Suggest -NEEF 4400 No 10 – OR
- pointed Chinese style calligraphy brush like your NAM Weasel Hair Bamboo Brushes 4.5 or 5cm for detailed line work and layering of your colours
- 1 x old kitchen spray bottle – washed out and ready to have clean water to spray across your paints – I recommend an old ‘Windex’ Bottle of similar to give you a good spray of water.
- a 2B pencil and if you would like a rubber
- Hair dryer to dry your work between layers
- Backing board (core board or similar from Bunnings) and tape to manage your paper – we don’t use an easel we tape the paper to the backing board so we can move the paper and tilt or turn as needed to manage your paint and water.
Paper towel to wipe up your spills – BYO your own lunch – BYO a Mug – tea and coffee are supplied!