- This event has passed.
Modern Botanical – Poppies – Eckersley’s Gold Coast – Wednesday 24th May 2023 – 10am to 2pm
May 24 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm AEST$77.00
Modern Botanical Workshops are designed to bring the colour and flow of the plant and watercolour together – we do take consideration of the botanical notes of each flower – but the goal is to replicate these with strength and motion of colour and design on your paper!
Wyn will bring images of flowers and/or during the season we source the real thing as available – given we are painting ‘Poppies’ this seasonal distraction might mean you are working from images taken at Harris Farm West End when Poppies were in plentiful supply 🌞
Don’t forget to bring a picnic lunch and your own mug as we do organise tea and coffee to sustain you through the day!
Materials to Bring:
1 sheet Arches 300gsm Watercolour Paper
- Or Some 300gsm Arches pad or sheet paper to try out ideas – again experimental so these can be scraps from other Work if you have them!
Watercolour Paint – Watercolour Pencil Colours – bring some of each as you can intermix and blend these on the Acquabord!
- Ultramarine Blue – Green Shade
- Cadmium Yellow – Deep
- Phthalo Blue
- Raw Sienna
- Quinacridone Gold or Australian Red Gold
- Alizarin Crimson and/or Deep Cadmium Red – or similar colours
- Black Waterproof Pigment Ink – bottle
- A nib pen to work your ink onto the paper
Brushes – at least those below –
but please bring whatever you have in your kit:
- 1 x 1/2 inch Angle cutter would be useful for these Botanicals
- 1 x wide wash brush – for wet work, and
- 1 x wide wash brush – Goat Hair recommended – for dry work
- 1 x Squirrel Needle point or Chinese style calligraphy brush for detailed line work and layering of your colours
- 1 x old kitchen spray bottle – washed out and ready to have clean water to spray across your paints – I recommend an old ‘Windex’ Bottle of similar to give you a good spray of water.
- a 2B pencil and if you would like a rubber
- Hair dryer to dry your work between layers
- Backing board to tape your sample papers down (core board or similar from Bunnings) and tape to manage your paper – we don’t use an easel we tape the paper to the backing board so we can move the paper and tilt or turn as needed to manage your paint and water.
Paper towel to wipe up your spills – BYO Lunch – tea and coffee – will be available on the mezzanine – BYO mug!
**refunds will be in full if we are notified 72 hours ahead of the Dates, we will withhold the card fee, but refund bookings notified within 24 hours of the Workshops – however, if there is a no-show on the day without notification, we will not refund the ticket at that time.
Leave a Reply