- This event has passed.
Modern Botanical No: 3 – 7th October 2020 – 6 to 8.30pm
October 7, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm AEST$66.00
From the Brisbane Flower Markets – we will paint Roses in Season – bring your watercolour paints – order a snack box from BillyKart Restaurant ahead … if you like and enjoy a glass of wine on the house while you paint –
6 to 8.30pm – 7th October 2020!
Our Covid plan is x 6 Participants and so we book out fast!
Our Workshop will look at some distinct techniques to help you position and paint your flowers. Artist Wyn Vogel will share some lessons learnt over time – and bring the art of roses to life for you!
Materials to Bring
- At Least 4 Primary colours – Cadmium Yellow Deep | Ultramarine Blue | Cadmium Red | Green Gold (this isn’t a primary colour but a good one for foliage etc …. ) ++ whatever else you have in your paint box – we will have Maimeri Blu Boxes of Paints for sale on the day – see below for the colours Wyn used in the artwork on this Event page – as an example of the type of paints you might like to use!
- 1 Full Sheet | 76 x 56cm | 300gsm Cold Pressed Watercolour Paper – any brand
- 1 Wide Brush >>> Please see the size here and you may buy here as well >>> Art Materials – ON-LINE Shop
- 1 NEEF 4400 – Squirrel Needle Point Brush >>> see link above +++ any other brushes you have in your kit!
- pencil HB or softer for sketching – rubber if needed though we recommend that your artist’s marks stay as part of your Work
- Masking Tape and board to tape your paper to – you are welcome to use Watercolour tape – but masking tape is suitable for this Workshop.
- A hair dryer – if you have one to bring – to speed up drying your Artwork – thanks!
We do have paints, brushes and paper available here in the Fish Lane Studios – to save you time you are welcome to come 15 minutes early to purchase them ahead of class – we take |Buy | Maimeri Blu Paints and NEEF Brushes/Wash Brushes
A glass of wine is on the house – if your coming straight from work your welcome to order a picnic box $15 for a light tea – from BillyKart Restaurant – on the deck with us – please contact us prior to the evening to order this!