- This event has passed.
Modern Botanical – Eckersley’s Art Lutwyche Brisbane – 19th August 2023
August 19, 2023 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm AEST$88.00
Also valid at Eckersley’s Art Lutwyche – for this Workshop
Modern Botanical – From Your Garden
Fill your painting satchel with some gum nuts and blossoms or some – gorgeous leaves and bring them with you!
We will construct a ‘Painting’ from your garden – we love the colours and shapes of all our Australian natives – Artist Wyn Vogel will show you how to mix your colours on your paper and drop and drag the shapes as you go – creating a myriad of wonderful textures and shapes as they flow from your brushes!
Materials to Bring:
- 1 sheet Arches 300gsm Watercolour Paper, OR
- Some 300gsm Arches pad or sheet paper to try out ideas – again experimental so these can be scraps from other Work if you have them!
Watercolour Paint – Watercolour Pencil Colours –
- Ultramarine Blue – Green Shade
- Cadmium Yellow – Deep
- Phthalo Blue
- Raw Sienna
- Quinacridone Gold or Australian Red Gold
- Alizarin Crimson and/or Deep Cadmium Red – or similar colours
- Black Waterproof Pigment Ink – bottle
- A nib pen to work your ink onto the paper
Brushes – at least those below –
but please bring whatever you have in your kit:
- 1 x 1/2 inch Angle cutter would be useful for these Folds
At Least 1 of each brush below – more will help you:
- 1 x wide wash brush – for wet work, and
- 1 x wide wash brush – Goat Hair recommended – for dry work
- 1 x Squirrel Needle point or Chinese style calligraphy brush for detailed line work and layering of your colours
- 1 x old kitchen spray bottle – washed out and ready to have clean water to spray across your paints – I recommend an old ‘Windex’ Bottle of similar to give you a good spray of water.
- a 2B pencil and if you would like a rubber
- Hair dryer to dry your work between layers
- Backing board to tape your sample papers down (core board or similar from Bunnings) and tape to manage your paper – we don’t use an easel we tape the paper to the backing board so we can move the paper and tilt or turn as needed to manage your paint and water.
Paper towel to wipe up your spills – BYO Lunch – tea and coffee – will be available on the mezzanine – BYO mug!
**refunds will be in full if we are notified 72 hours ahead of the Dates, we will withhold the card fee, but refund bookings notified within 24 hours of the Workshops – however, if there is a no-show on the day without notification, we will not refund the ticket at that time.