- This event has passed.
Join Us For Our 2nd Planning Meeting – The Australian Watercolour Muster 2019
February 18 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm AEST$5.50
Thanks to everyone who came and spent a couple of hours – brainstorming and suggesting options to help create and make our
2019 Australian Watercolour Muster – grow from an embryonic idea to a page of ‘2 Do’s!!
next follow up Meeting – 18th February 2019
at the St Mary’s Parish Church Hall – 6 to 8pm
455 Main Street – Kangaroo Point – Brisbane 4169
6pm to 8pm
- From the 1st meeting we have taken these ‘Action Points’ which we will progress at this next meeting:
- Dates – possibly of the last week Oct/first week November 2019 – to be confirmed asap
- All members from this first meeting to head out and talk with their networks about this opportunity and bring together contacts that you may possibly have for:
- Sponsors and other supporters for the Major Event/s
- Trade Shows and Demonstration/s
- Tutors who are happy to run Workshops leading up to the Event – 30% from Workshop fees to go to the funding of the ‘Muster’
- Put a ‘Working Committee’ together that will include people with various responsibilities/jobs – people who are willing to take on these roles will be offered a 20% discount on their tickets for the ‘Major Events’ during the actual Australian Watercolour Muster!
- Contact regional art societies – all of us that have the networks close to hand.
- Ideas and contacts willing to promote and market for us – all of us that have the networks close to hand.
- Longreach for a possible 2020 traveling exhibition of Australian Watercolour Work – Karen Knight
- Contact Henry Van Noordenburg – Szczepan Urbanowicz
- Contact and receive quotes for possible venues – Wyn Vogel and Jenny Loveday
- Present the Rules and Conditions – which will shadow the FabrianoInAcquarello – Italy – Rules and Guidelines – Wyn Vogel
- These Rules and Guidelines will include a – definition of ‘Watercolour’ and sizing of Artworks for Submission
The Australian Watercolour Muster 2019 – will be the baseline
for ‘Selection’ of Artists to Represent Australia @
FabrianoInAcquarello – Italy 2020
Thanks to the Sponsors who have already Partnered with us!
The Emporium is our Accommodation of preference
The Watercolour Society of Qld – the ‘Australian Watercolour Muster’s right hand’ for this 2019 Event!
To avoid any conflict with the existing programs of our State’s Watercolour Society we have agreed to work hand in hand with them and this hopefully, sets a precedent for other Australian Watercolour Muster Events – if they are to be hosted by other States and Territories in Australia – in future years …….. we hope that the collaboration with the Queensland Watercolour Society – sets an example of how we can work together to showcase our Artists – and build our international networks and exchanges!