- This event has passed.
In The Dunes – Seascapes with Artist Wyn Vogel – Eckersley’s Gold Coast 14th June 2023
June 14, 2023 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm AEST$88.00
Come and Explore the Coast Line!
Artist Wyn Vogel will introduce you to the colours of the Dunes and the sparkle of the water in the background!
Wyn has lived and immersed herself in the Coast of Australia with Studios on the Sunshine Coast, Brisbane and Port Fairy Victoria over time.
Working with some of the foliage from the Beach – we will explore the textures and palette that make the Coast sparkle!
Materials to bring
1 sheet Arches 300gsm Watercolour Paper
- Or Some 300gsm Arches pad or sheet paper to try out ideas – again experimental so these can be scraps from other Work if you have them!
Watercolour Paint – Watercolour Pencil Colours –
*** A New Colour to Try – Cobalt Violet Deep – this is a Daniel Smith colour and works well in the shadows on the dunes
- Ultramarine Blue
- Cadmium Yellow – Deep
- Phthalo Blue
- Raw Sienna
- Quinacridone Gold or Australian Red Gold
- Alizarin Crimson and/or Deep Cadmium Red – or similar colours
- Black Waterproof Pigment Ink – bottle
- A nib pen to work your ink onto the paper
Brushes – at least those below –
but please bring whatever you have in your kit:
- 1 x Squirrel Needle point or Chinese style calligraphy brush for detailed line work and layering of your colours
- 1 x 1/2 inch Angle cutter would be useful
- 1 x wide wash brush – for wet work, and
- 1 x wide Goat Hair – (has to be soft – feel the hair before you buy) recommended – for dry work
- 1 x old kitchen spray bottle – washed out and ready to have clean water to spray across your paints – I recommend an old ‘Windex’ Bottle of similar to give you a good spray of water.
- a 2B pencil and if you would like a rubber
- Hair dryer to dry your work between layers
- Backing board to tape your sample papers down (core board or similar from Bunnings) and tape to manage your paper – we don’t use an easel we tape the paper to the backing board so we can move the paper and tilt or turn as needed to manage your paint and water.
Paper towel to wipe up your spills – BYO Lunch – tea and coffee – will be available – BYO mug!
**refunds will be in full if we are notified 48 hours ahead of the Dates, we will withhold the card fee, but refund bookings notified within 24 hours of the Workshops – however, if there is a no-show on the day without notification, we will not refund the ticket at that time.