Eckersley’s Art and Craft Gold Coast – Mist in the Valley – Watercolour Workshop 22nd June 2021 – with Artist – Wyn Vogel
June 22 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm AEST$76.00
Discover the beauty of soft mist in the valley and the techniques of ghosting in your Watercolour work!
Working wet on wet and into dry – techniques that will allow you to manage your watercolour work and present a very contemporary – abstracted feel to your final Artwork!
Artist Wyn Vogel creates a soft flow mixing her colours on the paper rather than in the palette – working with a lovely flow of water to ensure the softness of the light glows through from the paper into the paint.
This Workshop will be a little longer than the previous Eckersley’s Workshops – to allow us to really tease out the techniques and give you a good grounding to take home and experiment with other subjects 🌞
Don’t Forget 10% off all Art Materials @
Eckersley’s Arts and Craft Gold Coast for this Workshop!
Materials to Bring
- 1 full sheet of watercolour paper – cold press 300gsm or a pad of paper of similar weight.
- Paint Colours – Ultramarine Blue – Phthalo Blue – Raw Sienna – Quinacridone Gold or Australian Red Gold – Alizarin Crimson and Cadmium Yellow
- Black Waterproof Ink
- A nib pen to work your ink onto the paper
- Brushes – at least those below – but please bring whatever you have in your kit:
- 1 x wide wash brush – for wet work, and
- 1 x wide wash brush – for dry work
- 1 x calligraphy brush for detailed line work and layering of your colours
- a 2B pencil and if you would like a rubber
- Hair dryer to dry your work between layers
- Backing board (core board or similar from Bunnings) and tape to manage your paper – we don’t use an easel we tape the paper to the backing board so we can move the paper and tilt or turn as needed to manage your paint and water.
Paper towel to wipe up your spills and a cup to make your coffee – we will organise instant tea and coffee etc!
BYO own lunch to picnic on the Deck during our Lunch break!
Looking forward to sharing with you all again – cheers Wyn