- This event has passed.
Fish Lane Studios – Sth Brisbane – Saturday 27 August 2022 – Australian Flora II – Banksia and Grevillea
August 27 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm AEST$77.00
Banksia Men and Grevillea
For this Saturday Workshop – we will continue to explore the beauty of Australian Flora – taking on board the many colours of Grevillea and the amazing twist and turns of the Banksia as it grows and ages! Your welcome to bring your own images or find some native branches along the way to inspire us – see below for the ‘Materials to Bring’ – don’t forget you can buy your breakfast – BillyKart Restaurant is open and your welcome to bring it into the warm Studio to enjoy while you paint! *sorry price of breakfast is not included in the Workshop though!
Materials to Bring:
- 1 full sheet of watercolour paper – cold press 300gsm OR
- A pad of paper of similar weight – at least A3 in size
- Paint Colours – please bring what you have but these are some of the colours we will play with – I tend to use 4 primary colours so you can choose from these:
- Ultramarine Blue – Green Shade
- Cadmium Yellow – Deep
- Phthalo Blue
- Raw Sienna
- Quinacridone Gold or Australian Red Gold
- Alizarin Crimson and/or Deep Cadmium Red – or similar colours
- Black Waterproof Pigment Ink – bottle
- A nib pen to work your ink onto the paper
Brushes – at least those below –
but please bring whatever you have in your kit:
- 1 x wide wash brush – for wet work, and
- 1 x wide wash brush – Goat Hair recommended – for dry work
- 1 x Squirrel Needle point or Chinese style calligraphy brush for detailed line work and layering of your colours
- 1 x old kitchen spray bottle – washed out and ready to have clean water to spray across your paints – I recommend an old ‘Windex’ Bottle of similar to give you a good spray of water.
- a 2B pencil and if you would like a rubber
- Hair dryer to dry your work between layers
- Backing board (core board or similar from Bunnings) and tape to manage your paper – we don’t use an easel we tape the paper to the backing board so we can move the paper and tilt or turn as needed to manage your paint and water.
Paper towel to wipe up your spills
Sample ….. Grevillea – Pink Profusion