- This event has passed.
Eckersley’s Gold Coast – Wednesday 17th August 2022 – 10am to 2.30pm – Exploring Australian Flora II – Grevillea and Banksia
August 17 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm AEST$77.00
Where the Banksia and Grevillea Grow
For this Wednesday Workshop – we will continue to explore the beauty of Australian Flora – taking on board the many colours of Grevillea and the amazing twist and turns of the Banksia as it grows and ages! Your welcome to bring your own images or find some native branches along the way to inspire us – see below for the ‘Materials to Bring’ – BYO your own lunch and a mug – tea and coffee provided!
Materials to Bring:
- 1 full sheet of watercolour paper – cold press 300gsm OR
- A pad of paper of similar weight – at least A3 in size
- Paint Colours – please bring what you have but these are some of the colours we will play with – I tend to use 4 primary colours so you can choose from these:
- Ultramarine Blue – Green Shade
- Cadmium Yellow – Deep
- Phthalo Blue
- Raw Sienna
- Quinacridone Gold or Australian Red Gold
- Alizarin Crimson and/or Deep Cadmium Red – or similar colours
- Black Waterproof Pigment Ink – bottle
- A nib pen to work your ink onto the paper
Brushes – at least those below –
but please bring whatever you have in your kit:
- 1 x wide wash brush – for wet work, and
- 1 x wide wash brush – Goat Hair recommended – for dry work
- 1 x Squirrel Needle point or Chinese style calligraphy brush for detailed line work and layering of your colours
- 1 x old kitchen spray bottle – washed out and ready to have clean water to spray across your paints – I recommend an old ‘Windex’ Bottle of similar to give you a good spray of water.
- a 2B pencil and if you would like a rubber
- Hair dryer to dry your work between layers
- Backing board (core board or similar from Bunnings) and tape to manage your paper – we don’t use an easel we tape the paper to the backing board so we can move the paper and tilt or turn as needed to manage your paint and water.
Paper towel to wipe up your spills – BYO Lunch – tea and coffee – will be available on the mezzanine – BYO mug!