- This event has passed.
Eckersleys Gold Coast – Wednesday 3rd August 2022 – 10am to 2.30pm – Exploring Australian Flora I – Gum Blossoms
August 3 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm AEST$77.00
Come and Paint with me on the Gold Coast – to explore the stunning beauty of Australian Flora – for this 1st Workshop we can thank Jacquie Williams for her wonderful photography and I went back into my archives and reminisced with the Work I had photographed sitting on the table in my old Studio at Yaroomba – so many good memories there – happy to bring them back to life and share with you all! Check below for the materials to bring and don’t forget BYO own lunch and a mug – tea and coffee provided!
Materials to Bring:
- 1 full sheet of watercolour paper – cold press 300gsm OR
- A pad of paper of similar weight – at least A3 in size
- Paint Colours – please bring what you have but these are some of the colours we will play with – I tend to use 4 primary colours so you can choose from these:
- Ultramarine Blue – Green Shade
- Cadmium Yellow – Deep
- Phthalo Blue
- Raw Sienna
- Quinacridone Gold or Australian Red Gold
- Alizarin Crimson and/or Deep Cadmium Red – or similar colours
- Black Waterproof Pigment Ink – bottle
- A nib pen to work your ink onto the paper
Brushes – at least those below –
but please bring whatever you have in your kit:
- 1 x wide wash brush – for wet work, and
- 1 x wide wash brush – Goat Hair recommended – for dry work
- 1 x Squirrel Needle point or Chinese style calligraphy brush for detailed line work and layering of your colours
- 1 x old kitchen spray bottle – washed out and ready to have clean water to spray across your paints – I recommend an old ‘Windex’ Bottle of similar to give you a good spray of water.
- a 2B pencil and if you would like a rubber
- Hair dryer to dry your work between layers
- Backing board (core board or similar from Bunnings) and tape to manage your paper – we don’t use an easel we tape the paper to the backing board so we can move the paper and tilt or turn as needed to manage your paint and water.
Paper towel to wipe up your spills – BYO Lunch – tea and coffee – will be available on the mezzanine – BYO mug!