- This event has passed.
Eckersley’s Gold Coast – 6th July ’21 – 10am to 2pm – Watercolour inspired from your Kitchen – Beats Cooking
July 6 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm AEST$76.00
Have you ever wondered what drove John Olsen, one of our most famous ‘Aussie Artists’ to paint his ‘Dinner’ the night he had –
Being a devotee of John’s Work I had to turn my hand to this idea and took to painting my recipes
Pickled Lotus Roots and Spirit of the Lotus – were the end result!
Lotus Root comes up as a lovely crunchy alternative other pickles – with cold meat and mustard on a lovely sunny summer picnic – I’ll bring the recipe with me and share with you if you would like to come and explore some watercolour techniques inspired from your Kitchen!
I’m happy to take submissions from your favourite recipes if you would like to send them off the ‘CONTACT’ on the main menu – but if not we will set up a ‘Still Life’ and discuss the options for dinner as we paint!
Don’t Forget 10% off all Art Materials @Eckersley’s Arts and Craft Gold Coast for this Workshop!
Materials to Bring
- 1 full sheet of watercolour paper – cold press 300gsm or a pad of paper of similar weight.
- Paint Colours – Ultramarine Blue – Phthalo Blue – Raw Sienna – Quinacridone Gold or Australian Red Gold – Alizarin Crimson and Cadmium Yellow
- Black Waterproof Ink
- A nib pen to work your ink onto the paper
- Brushes – at least those below – but please bring whatever you have in your kit:
- 1 x wide wash brush – for wet work, and
- 1 x wide wash brush – for dry work
- 1 x calligraphy brush for detailed line work and layering of your colours
- a 2B pencil and if you would like a rubber
- Hair dryer to dry your work between layers
- Backing board (core board or similar from Bunnings) and tape to manage your paper – we don’t use an easel we tape the paper to the backing board so we can move the paper and tilt or turn as needed to manage your paint and water.
Paper towel to wipe up your spills and a cup to make your coffee – we will organise instant tea and coffee etc!
BYO own lunch to picnic on the Deck during our Lunch break!