- This event has passed.
Eckersley’s Gold Coast – 20 July 2021 – Watercolour Workshop – Tidal Landscapes
July 20 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm AEST$76.00
We’ll wander the mangroves and tidal flats for this Workshop – figuratively speaking of course!
A Watercolour Workshop – taking the shapes and colours of the day!
Tidal – Watercolour Workshop exploring the colours of the mangroves, the reflections and colours of the waves – shapes of the sea – working with Artist Wyn Vogel to explore some of our favourite Queensland haunts.
Don’t Forget 10% off all Art Materials @Eckersley’s Arts and Craft Gold Coast for this Workshop!
Materials to Bring
- 1 full sheet of watercolour paper – cold press 300gsm or a pad of paper of similar weight.
- Paint Colours – Ultramarine Blue – Phthalo Blue – Raw Sienna – Quinacridone Gold or Australian Red Gold – Alizarin Crimson and Cadmium Yellow
- Black Waterproof Ink
- A nib pen to work your ink onto the paper
- Brushes – at least those below – but please bring whatever you have in your kit:
- 1 x wide wash brush – for wet work, and
- 1 x wide wash brush – for dry work
- 1 x calligraphy brush for detailed line work and layering of your colours
- a 2B pencil and if you would like a rubber
- Hair dryer to dry your work between layers
- Backing board (core board or similar from Bunnings) and tape to manage your paper – we don’t use an easel we tape the paper to the backing board so we can move the paper and tilt or turn as needed to manage your paint and water.
Paper towel to wipe up your spills and a cup to make your coffee – we will organise instant tea and coffee etc!
BYO own lunch to picnic on the Deck during our Lunch break!