- This event has passed.
Fish Lane Studios – Sth Brisbane – Saturday 13th August 2022 – 10am to 1pm – Colour Your Landscapes – Snow and Mountains – Lakes NZ
August 13, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm AEST$77.00
– Bringing the magic of New Zealand home to Australia –
A Working Watercolour – What is this?
Watercolours over the ages have been used by Artists to capture their immediate fresh image of a landscape or portrait – and then often this is transposed into an Oil painting on canvas! Very much an old Masters technique – and this is the same today ………. come and learn how this piece of Work – taken from images of Lake Tekapo – shared by a client whose fond memories of this lake were driving this decision to have a painting, and understand how you can translate your images from one medium to the other AND/OR just enjoy the Watercolour !!! 🌞 Remember – BillyKart Restaurant is open for Breakfast so not need to go hungry – drop in and order breakfast and have it while you paint or grap a tea and coffee to warm you up – all welcome in the Studio – but come a little before 10am to get set up and organised!
Materials to Bring:
- 1 full sheet of watercolour paper – cold press 300gsm OR
- A pad of paper of similar weight – at least A3 in size
- Paint Colours – please bring what you have but these are some of the colours we will play with – I tend to use 4 primary colours so you can choose from these:
- Ultramarine Blue – Green Shade
- Cadmium Yellow – Deep
- Phthalo Blue
- Raw Sienna
- Quinacridone Gold or Australian Red Gold
- Alizarin Crimson and/or Deep Cadmium Red – or similar colours
- Black Waterproof Pigment Ink – bottle
- A nib pen to work your ink onto the paper
Brushes – at least those below –
but please bring whatever you have in your kit:
- 1 x wide wash brush – for wet work, and
- 1 x wide wash brush – Goat Hair recommended – for dry work
- 1 x Squirrel Needle point or Chinese style calligraphy brush for detailed line work and layering of your colours
- 1 x old kitchen spray bottle – washed out and ready to have clean water to spray across your paints – I recommend an old ‘Windex’ Bottle of similar to give you a good spray of water.
- a 2B pencil and if you would like a rubber
- Hair dryer to dry your work between layers
- Backing board (core board or similar from Bunnings) and tape to manage your paper – we don’t use an easel we tape the paper to the backing board so we can move the paper and tilt or turn as needed to manage your paint and water.
Paper towel to wipe up your spills
Leave a Reply