- This event has passed.
Brisbane Workshop – Wednesday Evenings – Back to those moody Skies – with Artist Wyn Vogel – how to manage your light and clouds in the landscape – Fish Lane Studios – 19 January 2022 – 6 to 8.30pm
January 19 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm AEST$66.00
‘Where Curlews Call’ – Cairns Foreshore
Whatever the mood – you can create this with your water, paint and some time to focus on the techniques – we will experiment with some of the latest tools for Granulation ….. Please ensure you have a bottle of
- Winsor and Newton – Granulation Fluid
Other Materials to Bring:
- 1 full sheet of watercolour paper – cold press 300gsm or a pad of paper of similar weight – at lease A3 in size
- Paint Colours – Add a Tube of Indigo to your Paint Box +++++ Ultramarine Blue – Phthalo Blue – Raw Sienna – Quinacridone Gold or Australian Red Gold – Alizarin Crimson and Quinacridone Magenta – Cadmium Yellow Deep or similar colours
- White Gouache
- Black Waterproof Pigment Ink
- A nib pen to work your ink onto the paper
Brushes – at least those below –
but please bring whatever you have in your kit:
- 1 x wide wash brush – for wet work, and
- 1 x wide wash brush – Goat Hair recommended – for dry work
- 1 x calligraphy brush for detailed line work and layering of your colours
- 1 x old kitchen spray bottle – washed out and ready to have clean water to spray across your paints – I recommend an old ‘Windex’ Bottle of similar to give you a good spray of water.
- a 2B pencil (sharpener) and if you would like a rubber
- Hair dryer to dry your work between layers
- Backing board (core board or similar from Bunnings) and tape to manage your paper – we don’t use an easel we tape the paper to the backing board so we can move the paper and tilt or turn as needed to manage your paint and water.
Paper towel to wipe up your spills
The Covid Policy for these Workshops is that you will be:
- Totally refunded your Ticket Price if there is a cancellation due to Covid
- If you can’t attend for any other reason a full refund will be available up to 7 days before the Workshop.
- If there is an emergency after that it will be to the discretion of Wyn and Eckersley’s as to the refund available.
- If there is no show on the day there is no refund available.