- This event has passed.
Brisbane – Fish Lane Studios – 1st Workshop for the Year with Artist – Wyn Vogel – Exploring Rock Colours and Textures of Central Australia
February 19 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm AEST$77.00
In 2009 I wandered along this amazing Standley Chasm and fell in love with the colours and textures of Central Australia – earlier this month in Prahran Victoria – we explored this image and let it inform us with the detail and depth of the rocks – how amazing would it be to see this in full flood – we wouldn’t be standing where we are now – I’m sure!
Join me in our
– Fish Lane Studios – Workshop/Gallery –
for our 1st 2022 Workshop
4 Edmondstone Street South Brisbane Qld 4101
– 10am to 1pm –
just a boutique – morning Workshop to warm you up for the year!
Discover techniques to work these beautiful Blue Gums and Ochre Rocks – not far from the actual ‘Ochre Pits’ in the West MacDonnell Ranges Northern Territory 🌞
Materials to Bring
- 1 full sheet of watercolour paper – cold press 300gsm or a pad of paper of similar weight – at lease A3 in size
- Paint Colours – Ultramarine Blue – Phthalo Blue – Raw Sienna – Quinacridone Gold or Australian Red Gold – Alizarin Crimson and Quinacridone Magenta – Cadmium Yellow Deep or similar colours
- White Gouache
- Black Waterproof Pigment Ink
- A nib pen to work your ink onto the paper
Brushes – at least those below –
but please bring whatever you have in your kit:
- 1 x wide wash brush – for wet work, and
- 1 x wide wash brush – Goat Hair recommended – for dry work
- 1 x calligraphy brush for detailed line work and layering of your colours
- 1 x old kitchen spray bottle – washed out and ready to have clean water to spray across your paints – I recommend an old ‘Windex’ Bottle of similar to give you a good spray of water.
- a 2B pencil and if you would like a rubber
- Hair dryer to dry your work between layers
- Backing board (core board or similar from Bunnings) and tape to manage your paper – we don’t use an easel we tape the paper to the backing board so we can move the paper and tilt or turn as needed to manage your paint and water.
Paper towel to wipe up your spills
Details of the Blue Gums and Tree Ferns – techniques in water and ink!