- This event has passed.
Botanical Workshop – No 2 – 2nd September 2020
September 2 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm AEST$66
The Subject for Workshop No: 2
The plan is to head to the Brisbane Flower Markets the day before this Workshop to see what is in season and available – so we will select flowers that are seasonal and you will be able to have a selection from this to paint – thanks to Jacqueline Williams for her wonderful Orchids for our 1st Workshop – just beautiful and inspiring!
Materials to Bring
- At Least 4 Primary colours – Cadmium Yellow Deep | Ultramarine Blue | Cadmium Red | Green Gold (this isn’t a primary colour but a good one for foliage etc …. ) ++ whatever else you have in your paint box – we will have Maimeri Blu Boxes of Paints for sale on the day – see below for the colours Wyn used in the artwork on this Event page – as an example of the type of paints you might like to use!
- 1 Full Sheet | 76 x 56cm | 300gsm Cold Pressed Watercolour Paper – any brand
- 1 Wide Brush >>> Please see the size here and you may buy here as well >>> Art Materials – ON-LINE Shop
- 1 NEEF 4400 – Squirrel Needle Point Brush >>> see link above +++ any other brushes you have in your kit!
- pencil HB or softer for sketching – rubber if needed though we recommend that your artist’s marks stay as part of your Work
- Masking Tape and board to tape your paper to – you are welcome to use Watercolour tape – but masking tape is suitable for this Workshop.
We do have paints, brushes and paper available here in the Fish Lane Studios – to save you time you are welcome to come 15 minutes early to purchase them ahead of class – we take |Buy | Maimeri Blu Paints and NEEF Brushes/Wash Brushes
Detail of the leaves – Colours used for flowers and background:
Maimeri Blu – Permanent Green Deep – Green Gold – Ultramarine Blue – Primary Blue Cyan – Quinacridone Lake – Cadmium Yellow Deep
Art Spectrum – Phthalo Blue ++ Art Spectrum – Pigment Black Ink with nib application.