A Repeat Workshop – Sth Brisbane – Fish Lane Studios – Abstracting the Coastal Landscape – A New Year Warm UP!
January 13, 2024 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm AEST$88.00
Yes ………………we are doing this as our Christmas Picnic and Paint – however this sold out over night so we are repeating this Workshop as our first for 2024, it will be a straight Workshop though not a ‘Picnic and Paint’ though we anticipate our new Neighbour will be open on the Deck with us and you will be able to buy some lunch if you need, or bring something with you to snack on!
On the deck – Fish Lane Studios
4 Edmondstone Street – South Brisbane – Qld 4101
Wyn will share her techniques and concepts to enable you to consider the beauty of the Coast landscape and create your memories and impressions of that landscape.
You are welcome to bring a favourite image of a Coastal Holiday Spot you love –
and you will be able to apply your own twists to the image with Wyn’s help!
Materials to Bring:
- 1 sheet Arches 300gsm Watercolour Paper, OR
- Some 300gsm Arches pad or sheet paper to try out ideas – again experimental so these can be scraps from other Work if you have them!
Watercolour Paint – Watercolour Pencil Colours –
- Ultramarine Blue – Green Shade
- Cadmium Yellow – Deep
- Phthalo Blue
- Raw Sienna
- Quinacridone Gold or Australian Red Gold
- Alizarin Crimson and/or Deep Cadmium Red – or similar colours
- Black Waterproof Pigment Ink – bottle
- A nib pen to work your ink onto the paper
Brushes – at least those below –
but please bring whatever you have in your kit:
- 1 x 1/2 inch Angle cutter would be useful
At Least 1 of each brush below – more will help you:
- 1 x wide wash brush – for wet work, and
- 1 x wide wash brush – soft Goat Hair recommended – for dry work
- 1 x Squirrel Needle point or Chinese style calligraphy brush for detailed line work and layering of your colours
- 1 x old kitchen spray bottle – washed out and ready to have clean water to spray across your paints – I recommend an old ‘Windex’ Bottle of similar to give you a good spray of water.
- a 2B pencil and if you would like a rubber
- Hair dryer to dry your work between layers
- Backing board to tape your sample papers down (core board or similar from Bunnings) and tape to manage your paper – we don’t use an easel we tape the paper to the backing board so we can move the paper and tilt or turn as needed to manage your paint and water.
Paper towel to wipe up your spills
** refunds will be in full if we are notified 72 hours ahead of the Dates,
** we will withhold the card fee, but refund bookings notified within 24 hours of the Workshops – however,
** if there is a no-show on the day without notification, we will not refund the ticket at that time.