- This event has passed.
A Ramble Through The Mists – Painting Country – River la Vie Café – Tennyson Reach Brisbane – 20th April 2022
April 20 @ 10:00 am - 1:30 pm AEST$77.00
Taking inspiration for this Workshop
from the beautiful Blue Mountains and the drifting mists!
Artist Wyn Vogel will work with you to shape your painting – taking you into the mysterious crevices of the Mountains – having grown up in the Blue Mountains these images are embedded in her heart!
Materials to Bring:
- 1 full sheet of watercolour paper – cold press 300gsm or a pad of paper of similar weight – at lease A3 in size
- Paint Colours –
- Ultramarine Blue
- Cadmium Yellow (Deep) – these first 2 are important
- Phthalo Blue
- Raw Sienna
- Quinacridone Gold or Australian Red Gold
- Alizarin Crimson or a mid tone red
- Black Waterproof Pigment Inks
- A nib pen to work your ink onto the paper
Brushes – at least those below –
but please bring whatever you have in your kit:
- 1 x wide wash brush – for wet work, and
- 1 x wide wash brush – Goat Hair recommended – for dry work
- 1 x pointed Squirrel needle point or similar Chinese style pointed brush for detailed line work and layering of your colours
- 1 x old kitchen spray bottle – washed out and ready to have clean water to spray across your paints – I recommend an old ‘Windex’ Bottle of similar to give you a good spray of water.
- a 2B pencil and if you would like a rubber
- Hair dryer to dry your work between layers
- Backing board (core board or similar from Bunnings) and tape to manage your paper – we don’t use an easel we tape the paper to the backing board so we can move the paper and tilt or turn as needed to manage your paint and water.
Paper towel to wipe up your spills