- This event has passed.
3hrs – Our 2nd Introduction to Modern Botanical at Eckersley’s on the Gold Coast – Paint the Flowers From Your Garden
April 24 @ 12:30 pm - 3:30 pm AEST$66.00
– For those who book – Eckersley’s have organised a Voucher for you -10% off materials – When you register we will email you a copy of the Voucher ready for you to stock up and enjoy more exciting Work – the Voucher will be valid until the 24th April 2021!
What to Expect
This 3hr _ Experimental Workshop is good for beginners and experienced Artists alike – in that we are taking you to new ground with inks and watercolour combined. Please double check the Materials List to bring with you – the exciting chemical reaction of the Water and Ink is what we will be chasing to give you unique Work!
You are welcome to bring a ‘Flower of Your Choice’ from your garden – or work with us from the Flowers of the Day we have available – these will vary depending on what is available from the markets the day before 🌞the Workshop at the Brisbane Markets!
Orchids from Jacqui’s Garden
Or simply Geraniums from my pots
Recommended Materials to Bring – Paper, Paints & General Tools
If you are new to art and only want to experiment during these introductory Workshops – Please head across to Deb and her Staff @ Labrador Eckersley’s Arts and Craft and talk with them about the best brands and materials similar to the ones below!!
- 1 x Full Sheet of 300gsm cold or hot pressed Watercolour Paper or Buy a 300gsm PAD and use the rest of the pages at home later to experiment!
- 1 x bottle of black Water-based Pigment Ink – any brand
- Watercolour paints – preferably tube – Winsor and Newton – Reeves – Art Spectrum | at least – 3 primary colours of Cadmium Red, Ultramarine Blue and Cadmium Yellow – however if you already have paints – please bring what you have as well!
- 1 x 2B or HB Pencil
++ a rubber if you need, but we do recommend you just make your artist marks and not worry about removing them
- Paper Towel and Tissues – to mop your water as needed
- A hair dryer
- 1 x backing board (core Board is good) and masking tape ………… to tape your paper onto the board so you can move it around while your painting – we don’t use easels ….. but having the paper taped onto a board makes life exciting allowing the watercolour to move on the paper!
- 1 x calligraphy style brush – this is a long thin brush that will give you a good line – and holds a lot of water and colour in the top of the brush but allows the medium to run down the point onto the paper with a variety of line widths.
- 2 x wide soft wash brush ** the purpose of these brushes – is to create a flow of colour across the paper with the water – we recommend 2″ (inch) as this has lovely width of soft hairs that allow the water and colour to flow across the paper.
***Please note that should Covid-19 create a need to cancel or defer the Workshop for any reason we will reimburse you the cost of your Workshop – however if you choose to cancel your ticket for other reasons:
- We will refund you up to 7 days prior to the Workshop.
- Cancellations in or after the 7 day period will not be reimbursed.