- This event has passed.
2 Workshops in 1 – Picnic and Paint on the Deck – South Brisbane Qld 4101 – Learn a Classic Watercolour Technique and Discover How To Tell a Story In Your Painting
July 25 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm AEST$132.00
We’re going to go from the ‘High Country’ in Victoria to the warmth of Italy to tell our Story and experiment for this Workshop!
Date | Time – Picnic and Paint on the Deck
10am to 2.30pm – Saturday 25th July 2020
4 Edmondstone Street – South Brisbane – Qld – Australia 41010
What’s Will We Do?
The plan is to learn new techniques each time we get together – and this month we will concentrate on our sky – learning the age old methods of running a ‘Bead’ and also travel from the ‘High Country’ of our Snowy Mountains to the beauty and intrigue of some little Italian Villages – exploring how to – ‘Tell a Story With Your Painting‘!
Artist and Fish Lane Studios – Curator Wyn Vogel will demonstrate and work with you step by step to help explore what is possible – we will work through beautiful sky exercises and then create a ‘Story’ prior to lunch on the Deck – catered again by BillyKart Restaurant – we have a lunch voucher ready for you again to enjoy a picnic lunch.
After lunch we will complete the painting and discuss other techniques and ideas to enhance your painting each time you practice!
Materials to Bring
Paper, Paints and Brushes are available from us here in the Studio or Online – if you want to save time you can come a few minutes early if you need to buy them >>Art Materials ON-LINE
Paper and Paints –
- 1 sheet of 300gsm cold pressed watercolour paper – any brand – we have Arches 300gsm – Cold Pressed available from the Studio Shop.
- Watercolour Paints including, but not limited to Ultramarine Blue – Cadmium Yellow Deep – Cadmium Red (you are welcome to bring any other watercolour paints you have as well – again you are welcome to use any brand) The beautiful Maimeri Blu – Italian paints are available online
Watercolour Brushes –
- at least 1 x large 2.5″ wash brush, and
- 1 x NEEF No: 10 Squirrel Needle Point >>>> Please see the examples we have online to understand the size and style of brush we are recommending!
++ any other watercolour brushes you may have in your kitty!
Optional – Pencil, Black Pigment Ink and Nib Pen –
- We encourage you to make your artist marks with a soft HB pencil, and
- At the end of the Workshop, Wyn will show you how she highlights her Artwork using – her old school nib pen and black pigment ink – this is an optional technique, designed to highlight the small nuances of the magic that evolves with Watercolour painting 🌞
If you would like to talk about the Workshop and understand more you are welcome to <CONTACT> us or drop across to the |
Fish Lane Studios – 4 Edmondstone Street – South Brisbane Qld 4101 – Wednesday to Sunday – 10am to 3pm inclusive – or by appointment.