- This event has passed.
1st 2023 – Picnic and Paint – Shadows and Rendering – Not Quite Street Art!
April 1 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm AEST$135.00
Standing watching Ash Taylor – paint the latest amazing Street Mural on West Village over Christmas – we got talking about rendering and modelling her amazing flowers >>> https://www.instagram.com/ashtaylr/ As Offered us to talk with her during our next Picnic and Paint – so we will see how we go and if she is back on the Street at West Village – but we can walk down and see her ‘Art’ regardless – it is stunning!
So – With this thought ………we will explore the concepts of Shadows and Rendering
with a much simpler sized project 😅 to give you practice before you head to the street with your spray-can!!
The Picnic Bit
Traditionally we have held our ‘Picnic and Paint’ series on our Deck – in Front of Fish Lane Studios – weather permitting, or in the Studio if not – and the amazing Team from BillyKart Restaurant cater for us – big thanks to Ben Roberts and Chef Ben O’Donoghue – we can’t wait to share your new Menu and flavours again – your Ticket includes $25 towards our Picnic Lunch!
Fish Lane Studios
4 Edmondstone Street – South Brisbane Qld 4101
10am to 2.30pm –
Materials to Bring:
- Some 300gsm Arches pad or sheet paper
Watercolour Paint – Watercolour Pencil Colours –
- Ultramarine Blue – Green Shade
- Cadmium Yellow – Deep
- Phthalo Blue
- Raw Sienna
- Quinacridone Gold or Australian Red Gold
- Alizarin Crimson and/or Deep Cadmium Red – or similar colours
- Black Waterproof Pigment Ink – bottle
- A nib pen to work your ink onto the paper
Brushes – at least those below –
but please bring whatever you have in your kit:
- 1 x wide wash brush – for wet work, and
- 1 x wide wash brush – Goat Hair recommended – for dry work
- 1 x Squirrel Needle point or Chinese style calligraphy brush for detailed line work and layering of your colours
- 1 x old kitchen spray bottle – washed out and ready to have clean water to spray across your paints – I recommend an old ‘Windex’ Bottle of similar to give you a good spray of water.
- a 2B pencil and if you would like a rubber
- Hair dryer to dry your work between layers
- Backing board to tape your sample papers down (core board or similar from Bunnings) and tape to manage your paper – we don’t use an easel we tape the paper to the backing board so we can move the paper and tilt or turn as needed to manage your paint and water.
Paper towel to wipe up your spills
**refunds will be in full if we are notified 72 hours ahead of the Dates, we will withhold the card fee, but refund bookings notified within 24 hours of the Workshops – however, if there is a no-show on the day without notification, we will not refund the ticket at that time.