Fish Lane Studios is very excited to announce our new home and studio/exhibition space in the Brisbane Fish Lane Precinct – an ……….. ‘alliance of Art, Food and Entertainment’ ……… in the heart of Brisbane South Bank – bound by Grey Street along the Brisbane River and Edmondstone Street, which boarders on the wonderful eclectic suburb of West End.
Fish Lane Studios has a diverse network of Artists and friends internationally and locally from Queensland and Interstate. We are currently putting together a showcase for each month ….. solo and group Exhibitions, culminating the year with a ‘Christmas Party Exhibition’ of Works from all our Artists involved over the year! If you are keen to know more about this selection of Artists – contact us from the CONTACT on the Main Menu above.
But 1st join us and book your Workshop/s of choice!
This first series of ‘Experimental Workshops’ are keyed differently:
- 1 x Experience painters on the 23rd May, and
- 3 x Beginners starting on the 28th May, with an ongoing Workshop each last Thursday of the month after that!
The goal for each of these levels ………. is to set you up with an understanding of various new Substrates and Papers available on the Market primarily initially for Watercolour Work as this is easy for you to experiment with at home.
The Techniques that Wyn will teach during the ‘Last Week’ of Each Month – Beginners Workshops – will be adaptable for you to use even with other mediums and we will gradually introduce you to these different concepts and approaches as you feel good with your brushes and find your favourite papers ?!!
The plan is to understand the basics of drawing – landscapes and figure work – composition and style – we will discuss these as part of each class and you will be welcome to make requests relating to your favourite subjects – be they abstraction, hyper realism, still life drawing etc…….
Choose Your Workshop –
Picnic and Paint Workshop –
Working between our new Studio – 4 Edmondstone Street – South Brisbane Qld 4101 and our Sky Deck – with a picnic lunch included in the price $AUD 77.00 for the day starting 10am…..
Bring your normal plein air kit for painting – including |
- A hard board to attach your paper to while sketching and painting
- A Sketch pad for initial concepts and ideas while working on the Sky Deck
- Your paint box and sketching pencils/tools that you would normally use – we will showcase some new mediums to you during this Workshop day.
- Paper – 300gsm cold pressed – 2 full sheets 56 x 78 (Brand of your choice – Moulin du Roy | Arches | Fabriano – we will also showcase to you new substrates that are available for you to experiment on.
Last Thursday Evening of Each Month – Starting on the 28th May 2020 – Beginners wanting to learn from scratch.
Workshop in our new Fish Lane Studio – small group 12 max – Materials to bring |
- 3 primary colours at least ……. Cadmium Red – Ultramarine Blue (Green Shade) and Cadmium Yellow (pale) ++ other watercolour paints brand of your choice, – if you don’t have these materials you will be able to buy a small set of MaiMeri Blu x 4 colour box from us here in the Studio, and
- 2 brushes a NEEF Squirrel Brush No 10 and a wide soft brush like the Art Spectrum 2 ½ Varnish Brush ( If you don’t have these brushes – book your brushes on-line and I will bring them with me for you – both NEEF and Art Spectrum are Australian Manufacturers of quality – good kit to have in your Tool-box!! )
- 1 nib pen and a bottle of waterproof – black pigment ink
- Paper – 300gsm cold pressed – 2 full sheets 56 x 78 (Brand of your choice – Moulin du Roy | Arches | Fabriano
- Bring a hard board to clip your paper to – so you can maneuver your paper and twist and move the water on it as you go!
- A bag to carry your sketching pencils and whatever tools you like to sketch – pencil – waterproof pens or ink.
For occasional Workshops – if we are experimenting with different substrates such as aqua boards or different thicknesses and styles of paper – these will be available for purchase on the day at a discount price!
The price of Workshops includes a glass of red or white wine from BillyKart Restaurant – our neighbour on the Deck – 4 Edmondstone Street South Brisbane – Qld 4101
You can also book a Private Event to Celebrate Your Own Special Dates!
In conjunction with BillyKart – we welcome you to come and join us for an evening at ‘The Artist’s Table’
This can be a formal dinner for approximately 10 to 12 people and/or a more relaxed come and sip and paint with us, bring a group of friends!!
For Formal Dinners at our Artist’s Table –
You will need to contact BillyKart Directly – and talk with Ben re your Menu and wine preferences – these Events will be fully catered by BillyKart and served by their Staff and Sommeliers!
Private – Paint and Sip Celebration Workshops – can be booked!
As said – for these private bookings a supply of art materials, including watercolour or acrylic paints will be available for use and/or you are welcome to bring your own!
Below – Views/Events | Workshops conducted by Wyn Vogel in France and China, during 2019
The Workshop in France May 2019 was a collaboration between French Artist – Muriel Buthier-Chartrain, her Husband and our own Artist – Wyn Vogel!
Wyn ran the Workshop with the help of translation for her French Participants by Muriel and over the 2 days – we held an ‘Artist’s Table’ for lunch each day thanks to the amazing support and incredible cooking by French Chef – Gilles Chartrain – and Son Emile who cooked and waited on us with ‘silver service flair’ – memories I never want to forget!! See some of our amazing treats from these these two days |
Surrounded by the gorgeous Artworks of our French Artist – Muriel Buthier-Chartrain in her Dining Room – her home is a historic French house, a labour of love being restored by Muriel and her husband and chef – Gilles!
With stunning selections of wine and beautifully cooked French delicacies created by Gilles!
Gilles we can’t thank you, Muriel and Emile enough!
Artist/Workshop Leader – Wyn Vogel – ‘Speed Painting Demonstration’
at the 6th Silk Road International Arts Festival in Xi’an China in September 2019 – 45 minutes allowed ………..
Join us for more fun here in ‘Brisbane – Australia’ – 4 Edmondstone Street – South Brisbane – Queensland 4101