The Australian Watercolour Muster – 2020
We decided this year – given the craziness of it all – to put an ‘Experimental’ challenge out for our interim – Australian Watercolour Muster year 2020.
Opening our Call for Artists on the 5th June 2020 – we nominated 4 Categories for entries |
- Experimental Watercolour I – Artwork to be Watercolour based mediums on primed Board – up to 16″ x 20″ (inch/imperial) = 40.64 x 50.8cm (metric) we are recommending Ampersand Aquabord for this Category
- Experimental Watercolour II – Artwork to be Watercolour mediums on Canvas primed with appropriate grounds to accept watercolour mediums – no larger than 1 x metre in any direction.
- Watercolour Paper – on either full or 1/2 sheet watercolour paper – 300gsm or higher any brand, we are being flexible this year with sizing given the changes this year, and even allowed some variation to the full and 1/2 sheet sizing.
- Entry for Under 30’s Australian Emerging Artist – Full or half sheet watercolour paper – 300gsm or higher any brand, again we have been flexible this year with sizing given the changes this year.
We are meeting our Critical Dates
- 5th September 2020 – Close of Submissions to allow for Judging
- 5th to 25th September 2020 – Judging to be conducted by the Panel of Jurors
- By 2nd October 2020 – Finalists will be notified of their Acceptance to the Australian Watercolour Muster – 2020
- 5 October to 21st November 2020 – Opening of the Digital Exhibition of Finalists on the Australian Watercolour Muster Digital Gallery ….. and then, depending on World health issues – we will make a judgement call about whether to have a physical party in November 2020 – !!
- 5th to 21st November 2020 – All Finalists Artwork will be available for ‘Online Sale’ from the Australian Watercolour Muster Digital – Online Gallery – 2020 as we did last year.
The Online Shopping Cart will be activated for the 5th November – Mega Australian Watercolour Muster – 2020 Sale
Just in time for Original Artworks – Christmas treats for you and family!
Although this year is a Virtual Exhibition Year – we will be celebrating with our Artists and you will be able to come and celebrate with us if you are free in Brisbane –
267 Grey St, South Brisbane QLD 4101
Monday – 12th October – 10am to Noon
We will also share a Zoom link from 11am for you if you are interstate or unable to come to Brisbane!
Join us as we announce our 4 x 4 Best in Muster – and our 2nd Prize Winners!