Join Us for our Christmas – 5th December 2020 – Picnic and Paint in the new
Fish Lane | Arts Precinct
10 Fish Lane – Sth Brisbane – 4101
10am to 2.30pm – Saturday 5th December 2020!
* The Picnic = the value of $20 – The new Town Square has a number of amazing new venues you can
choose to buy additional drinks and treats from if you need more to top up your picnic!
Gluten Free will be available – please let us know when you book if this is required!
Paid street parking is available in Hope and Grey Street – South Brisbane or one of the Parking Stations / view Google Maps for
Inspiration we will share!
Australian Artist – Wyn Vogel, is the curator and lead Artist for Fish Lane Studios. Wyn has been the invited Leader – of the Australian Watercolour Delegation to FabrianoInAcquarello – Italy for the last 3 years and is recognised for her loose, vibrant watercolour style – your welcome to visit our – Fish Lane Studios Website for more insight into her Work .
Wyn is also the Curator, for the Australian Watercolour Muster which is now had a very successful 2nd year of Festival, even given Covid19 – with Artists viewed across the world from the Digital Gallery – as part of the interaction with the FabrianoInAcquarello – Italy network!
The new ‘Town Square’ in the Fish Lane | Arts Precinct – South Brisbane has been beautifully designed to include amazing tree ferns, birds nests and other tropical plants to bring another green space to our amazing city!
Wyn – will take the inspiration for this Workshop from this foliage –
- Starting at 10am – she will demonstrate her style of painting, so please arrive a little earlier to set up and gather your necessary water and materials!
- 11 am – you will be ready to rock and roll and find a space that touches your creative energy to start your own painting!
- 12 noon – Break for our Picnic Lunch and explore the ‘Town Square’ and other venues in the new Precinct! – Fish Lane is know for the large Public Art Spaces and you will have time to see these!
- 12.30 to 2.30pm – back to painting – with support from Wyn as she works with you to bring your paper and paint to life!
Materials to Bring:
- If you have Watercolour paints or inks please pack these into your bag, and
- Brushes – wide wash brushes and long rigger/squirrel calligraphy style brush
We Will Supply:
- Some Watercolour Paints for you to try if you don’t have any, and
- Some brushes on loan for you to use – again if you are a beginner and would like to try things out
- Watercolour Paper and backing board to lean on
- Water containers
- Seating on the benches in the new – Town Square – Fish Lane | Arts Precinct – South Brisbane!
Book above to join us | Contact Wyn Vogel – +61 419358859 or via our Contact Form
‘The Trees Unfurl’
Daler-Rowney Watercolour – Pigment Inks – on 300gsm watercolour paper – Artist Wyn Vogel
Brushes/some tools used – to give you a feel for the type of brushes to bring !
** We may have some available for sale – or you can head to Oxlades South Brisbane Store – Merivale Street / or any good art shop – if you would like to buy ahead of time!