The ‘grand finale’ of our Australian Watercolour Muster – 2019 ….
is a Gala Cocktail Party/Auction and – the Workshops – plus the Announcement of our Finalists including our Under 30 Emerging Artist – selected to represent Australian in FabrianoInAcquarello – Italy 2020
The Emporium Hotel – South Bank Brisbane
on the 9th November 2019!
All of the above has only been made possible thanks to the amazing sponsorship and support from – Fran and Tony Johns – and their staff @
The Emporium Hotel | South Bank – Brisbane
Big thanks also to President – Jenny Loveday and her Team at the Watercolour Society of Queensland Inc.who have jumped in and supported the planning and discussions around all of the Australian Watercolour Muster – 2019.
Without Jenny’s help and her team we wouldn’t be this far advanced with our planning!
7 Fund Raising Events – are intended to provide the finances for us to be able to support the ‘Muster’ and the underpinning – International Schools / Under 30’s Emerging Artist Program – see blow for more details and book your tickets these events are amazing….
Sean Leahy artist/cartoonist will also support us with the next 2 of our Fund raising Events to be held
- Monday 6th May 2019 – Wine – Cheese and Music, and
- Monday 3rd June 2019 – In the Piano Bar @ The Emporium Hotel | South Bank
and then the 1st Monday of each month until the Australian Watercolour Muster – 9 – 10th November – 2019 @
- 6th May 2019 – In the Piano Bar – Sean will his satirical view of the political world in Australian leading into our coming Federal Election, and
- 3rd June 2019 – Sean will comment and share his insights on the ‘Wash Up’ of the election – plus share some of the his amazing skills in the digital arena, drawing and creating new media watercolour!
Join us @ The Emporium Hotel South Bank – and support our
International Schools / Under 30’s Emerging Artists Program
A quick snapshot of two of our favourite people and Watercolourist’s –
Richard Tiejun Chao and Sean Leahy – who will be
Headlining our Australian Watercolour Muster – 2019
Richard Tiejun Chao
………..Richard has recently gone full time into his Studio – and held his first big ‘solo’ Exhibition In Sydney with accolades from Jiawei Shen, 12 times Archibald finalist as guest speaker.
Richard was our Australian Representative Artist – for FabrianoInAcquarello – Italy 2018 and traveled with the Australian Watercolour Delegation to Fabriano May ’18 – demonstrating the first night on arrival in Italy at the famed – Aera Artists Club in Fabriano – even jet lagged, presenting a stunning 2 hour demonstrations which took the crowed club by storm!
……….Sean’s wonderful free sketch below is Sean on a bus man’s holiday – as his day job is keeping us all abreast of the daily round of politics and colloquial goings on in the world as the Courier Mail Cartoonist, but he has fallen in love with the watercolour medium and branched out into exploring the many possibilities of this medium, pure watercolour – urban sketching are now part of his portfolio, as we shake our heads and enjoy his satire over our coffee daily – we are really excited to have Sean with us and planning what he will showcase for the Australian Watercolour Muster!
We will release details for the
- Call For Artists prior to the 15th July 2019 on the new Australian Watercolour Muster – Web – which will be released publicly on the 10th July 2019, and on the same date –
- 10th July 2019 – Details on the extended ‘Travel/Painting Holiday’ and ‘Tour of Brisbane Galleries’ – exit Brisbane – 10th November 2019!
Watch this space!
Thanks go to the all our Sponsors and Supporters to date – if you would like to join us and be part of the fun – please contact us directly – https://www.fishlanestudios.com/contact/
And, hats off to my trusty Graphic Designer who has done so much work for us to date –