Book Tickets | Book Via – Australian Watercolour Muster – 2020 Events
OR you can book here on | Fish Lane Studios
Workshop Program 10am to 2.30pm
Workshop Cost $77pp including GST and some experimental materials – please bring your traditional watercolour paints and brushes as well!
The Workshops will include introduction to the substrates below and experimental mediums – We will work on the subject of ‘sky, clouds and land’ – with some imagery from North Qld as the basis of for this Workshop!
Also some discussion on genre ie. abstraction ++ realism
- An opportunity to experiment with Aquabord and Absorbent Grounds
- Discussion of the use of other materials such as Lyra Art Pens and Sticks
- Water based Pigment Inks – eg Daler Rowney
Other recommended materials – all these items are available from Angela at – Oxlades Cairns:
- NEEF 4400 No 10 Squirrel Needle Point Watercolour Brush
- 2 or 2.5 inch Art Spectrum Varnish Brush (for washes)
- 300gsm cold press watercolour paper – brand of your choice guys
- One thing I have to source are some ink pens and nibs – I will search for these today online unless you can give me guidance on these?
These Workshops are designed to help answer any questions you might have and to give you the opportunity to explore and experiment with Curator of the Australian Watercolour Muster – 2020 Artist – Wyn Vogel.
This year there will be four (4) Categories for Entry to the Australian Watercolour Muster – 2020 – One Artist from each Category below, will be selected as ‘Best in Category’ and offered a Solo Exhibition** to be held in Australian Watercolour Muster/Fish Lane Studios Exhibition Gallery – 4 Edmondstone Street – South Brisbane Queensland Australia 4101 – during an agreed 2 Weeks each over the period of the year 2021.
Solo Exhibitions for 4 ‘Best in Muster – 2020
**Please Note | Categories 1 to 3 inclusive are open to Australian and this year we invite International Artists to join with us in these 3 Categories – Category 4: Is only open to Australian nationals under 30 years at the time of submission of their Work – this is a special Category to encourage our local Australian Art Scene, to encourage our emerging artists for the future!
- Experimental Watercolour I – Artwork to be Watercolour based mediums on primed Board – up to 16″ x 20″ (inch/imperial) = 40.64 x 50.8cm (metric) we are recommending Ampersand Aquabord for this Category – follow this link to find out more about Stockists and Tips for Use of the Aquabord.
- Experimental Watercolour II – Artwork to be Watercolour mediums on Canvas primed with appropriate absorbent grounds to accept watercolour mediums – no larger than 1 x metre in any direction.
- Watercolour Paper – on either full or 1/2 sheet watercolour paper – 300gsm or higher any brand
- Entry for Under 30’s Australian Emerging Artist – half sheet watercolour paper – 300gsm or higher any brand
Our Call for Artists for 2020 – commenced on the
5th June 2020 – and all Artwork has to be submitted by COB on the 5th September –
Please link through to see the