Each year the Town of Fabriano Italy – hosts an International Convention of Watercolour Artists, as part of that Event watercolour artists from all over the world are invited to submit their artwork and be selected to Exhibit in the Town of Fabriano during the Convention. Artists such as Mustapha Ben Lahmar above – show cased his beautiful free colours on paper!!
– ‘FABRIANOInACQUARELLO’ – 3 to 7 May 2018 –
International Watercolour Convention – Italy
Calling all Watercolour Artists to join us and submit and showcase your Artwork to the World – 60 Countries participating.
FabrianoInAcquarello 2018 goal is to follow stronger the setting of a Convention with:
- no competition and no flags
- mutual support and sharing of experience in common passion
- the convention is open to participation of all artists in the world to join the international Community
15 Australian Artists will be selected to Exhibit their Work, &
15 extra Australian Artists will be selected
to be showcased in the ‘FabrianoInAcquarello Catalogue’.
This year our Fish Lane Studios Curator – Wyn Vogel has been selected to be the Australian Delegation Leader and we are now calling for Australian Artists to submit their Work and have the opportunity to be Exhibited in Fabriano from the 3rd to 7th May 2018.
All Australian Artists will be welcome to join Wyn and head to Fabriano in May 2018 to join in the activities and the Convention – however, at this stage this will have to be at their own cost.
Fabriano Organizing Team have provided the ‘Rules and Guidelines’ and included in these Rules is the link to upload – 1 Watercolour Work – 1/2 sheet size (half Imperial = 56 x 38 cm = 22”x15”) to be registered for Judging in the Art Register held in the International Watercolour Museum – Fabriano Italy 2018.
Artists from other Countries can apply but need to go through their own Country Leader – please see the list below for your own Leader and contact the Fabriano Team for further information, if you do not know this person.
- The 15 Exhibition Finalists will have to pay ‘FabrianoInAcquarello’ – 70 Euro as an Exhibition & Catalogue Fee together
- The 15 Catalogue Only – Finalists will pay 40 Euro to be included in the Catalogue.
**Australian Artists will be requested to ship work to the Country Coordinator and pay the return postage of their Work from the Country Coordinator via their own specified Courier or Postal Service within Australia. The Artists will be required to assist with the cost of shipping the unframed artwork to Italy in time for the necessary deadlines for Exhibition.
- 30 December 2017 – Australian Artists to have nominated and uploaded their Work to the FabrianoInAcquarello International Watercolour Museum Register via the link > http://www.internationalwatercolormuseum.it/selection2018/register.php
- 10 January 2018 – List of selected ‘Finalist’ Artists and receiving of fee must be in Fabriano
- 31 January 2018 – Photos and Bio’s of each artist must be in Fabriano
- 1 March 2018 – Artworks must be in Fabriano
- 28 March 2018 – Suggested artist name for the demo must be sent to Fabriano. Please note: only one suggestion for each country is allowed, the FabrianoInAcquarello organization will than decide which demos will be held during the convention.
- 1 April 2018 – List of artworks and their value must be in Fabriano (do not write in the artworks or in the form).
– Dates of convention are: May 3 to 7, 2018
– From May 8 to 12 we will go on painting holiday – Sperlonga / Ventotene or Ponza / Sermoneta are the places we are considering due to big joy of past years – painting holiday program will soon be public, only 50 places available in booking – contact > FabrianoInAcquarello Australian Leader – Wyn Vogel if you are interested to participate!