MURIEL’S ARTIST STATEMENT and BIO
Time for maturity, a lot of work for the technical mastery – what does a painter need tofinally find themselves?
An understanding that there is no other inspiration source
than their own feelings – the deepest – the most secret.
My work has changed, slowly, naturally – this was done, as it should be:
more and more simplified, almost abstract, but supported by new technical searches always,
technical which is essential to develop one’s own expression.
Express only one’s self, not being the pale reflect of some one else,
regardless of what the fashion is, about me, the only way to have a sincere and singular painting.
I have painted in this frame of mind for a long time, without concessions and with passion.
Born in 1961 in France where I always reside, I’m a self-taught painter since 1981.
I have been participating in Exhibitions since 1984 in France, Belgium, Sweden and Greece.
- In my studio Châteauneuf-en-Thymerais , « L’entre-Musées » Gallery Rodez , « Relais Louis XI » Meung-sur-Loir, Retirement home “Les jardins d’Automne” Nogent-Le-Phaye
- Guest of honor of “arts festival” in Lamorlaye and « Art market » in Artenay, « Langsbo konsthall » Gallery in Hassela Sweden and In a farm in Achères, In a multi medias library in à Courville
1986-2013 (I can send the details by mail)
- Contempory Art Biennial : in fairground theatre museum in Artenay and in « Marcel Proust » multi media library in Patay , Styl’ Art cadre Gallery, Gaillon … and numerous personnal exhibitions in France
- “Entre-Musées” Gallery Rodez, France
- International Biennial of watercolor of Narbonne, France
- International exhibition of wildlife art in Godinne, Belgium
- Invited artist in Watercolor international II in Greece
- Contempory art biennial of Thymerais in Châteauneuf-en-Thymerais
- « Shapes and colours » in Chartres , France
- International festival of watercolor in Gaillon, France
- “Hidden talents” in Précy-sur-OiseFrance
- Watercolor painters in croque-au-sel » Châteauneuf-en-Thymerais
- « The Aquarellades » in « slaughterhouses museum » in Mons Belgium
- Exhibition of Art in Saint-Maixme-Hauterive
- Maznel Gallery in Saint-Valéry -Sur-Somme
- « Shapes and dazzling» exhibition in Saint-Pierre-Lès-Nemours
- Numerous exhibitions in France, Belgium and Sweden :
- Art in Capital and Automn exhibition in Grand Palais PARIS
- International watercolor exhibition in Namur
- Estaimpuis and Libramont in Belgium
- Watercolor exhibitions in Sainte-Féréole, Gaillon, Caussade,Trégastel, Saint-Laurent-Sur-Gorre
- Art exhibitions in Chartres, Dreux, Châteauneuf-en-Thymerais, Garches, Bueil…
- Jury’s prize in International watercolor exhibition in Namur, Belgium (12 th international biennial) and numerous other prizes.
- Jury’s member for the IWS (International watercolor society) 2012 /2014
PRIVATE COLLECTIONS: in France and abroad ( Sweden, United States, Switzerland, Malaysia, Finland, Belgium )
Donations of works : for ONG “Child’ smile” / for AMFE Association who helps sick children (from liver) / for “Camille’s Appeal” who helps sick children (from brain tumors) / for Red Cross of Japan (for help tsunami victims) / for Téléthon association who helps people with genetic disease / For auctions of works for children from Haïti.
Member of The Nordic Watercolour Society / 2013
Member of “La maison des artistes” (Artists’ home, french association for professional painters)
Member of ERYA (association for artists’ promotion)